• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

To summarize so far what I know/found out in this discussion about the BT3 arbor nuts
    • the thread of the BT3- arbor is 5/8-18, LH threaded.
    • 5/8-11 (UNC) and 5/8-18 (UNF) are standard ANSI sizes, but, of course, Left hand thread in this instance.
    • the wrench size for the BT3 arbor nut as supplied is a thinner than normal 3/4" wrench across the flats. Normal 5/8" Nuts have a standardized 15/16 wrench size.
    • I can think of no reason the Larger wrench size nut will not work, but the thread needs to be the 5/8-18 TPI left-hand thread.
    • The BT3 arbor thread is NOT the same as many 10" right-tilt table saws such as Delta which seems to use a popular arbor nut of 5/8-12 TPI LH ACME thread.
    • Miter saws have a bolt that goes through the blade, not a threaded arbor and nut, I am reminded. So no commonality there.
    • ON eBay there seem to be a lot of 5/8-18 LH nuts for sale; seems they are used to hold struts in racing cars. Available in both 15/16 wrench size (more) and 3/4 inch (less popular) wrench size. Running about $5-6 a nut sold in singles, 4, and 10 packs. Some on Amazon, too.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-05-2021, 12:32 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Any takers for arbor nuts for the BT3x right size and wrench size. for $5 paid by Zelle? They come in a pack of 6 so I could have four to pass along for $5 each shipped first class mail.

If you haven't use or are familiar with Zelle, its the free (no fee) transfer of payments to a cell phone from most on-line banks now.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
        cwsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        Loring,

I sent you a private message.

CWS
        Last edited by cwsmith; 02-05-2021, 08:14 PM.
    Working...