• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Air fitting pre-applied thread sealant

Have any of you use the fittings with the factory pre-applied reddish-brown dry thread sealant on the threads?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	husky-air-tool-fittings-hda31400-64_1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.5 KB ID:	840234
    My understanding is that you don't need to apply thread sealant like Teflon tape and that you can reuse the sealant up to five times.

But some professional mechanic says its not very reliable and he avoids them.
    Anyone used these and have experience with them good or bad?
    There's a couple of trade names for these I think Loctite vibra-seal or Dri-516

Acrylic burnt orange to brown thread sealant for automatic dispensing. Thixotropic, water-based product of benefit where readjustments are necessary.
    LOCTITEŽ DRI 516 is a burnt orange to brown, high-viscosity, thixotropic, acrylic, thread sealant liquid for automatic dispensing applications. Dried using convection oven air flow, the product is pre-applied and non-toxic. The product is suited to applications where readjustments might be required. It has good thread-filling and prevailing torque characteristics.
    • Reusable up to five times
    • Excellent environmental performance
    • Water-based, non-toxic
    • Resilient and tight-clinging
    • Good thread-filling properties
    • Good prevailing torque characteristics
    • Suits automatic dispensing
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-10-2020, 05:56 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I have not seen that before. I will keep that in mind in the future but I am happy with my blue HD teflon tape for now.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I have a lot of these, and have never had an leakage issue with them.

Comment

Working...