• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Hand Plane dynamics video

Below is a link to a video that I cannot see on my new laptop (Mac) without adding in video extensions/plug-ins. I used to be able to see it and it has been about 10 years since I watched it. It shows the dynamics of hand plane adjustments and the cap irons or chip breakers in planes. I think it also shows how the angle of the blade affects the planing, or that could be a different video.

Does this video work on any of your computers?

This is the full version of the video created by Professor Yasunori Kawai and Honorary Professor Chutaro Kato at Yamagata University, as part of their research in the role of chipbreakers, which they...
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Works fine on both my iMac and MacBook running 10.14. I don't have any older versions to try. What version are you on? What browser? I tried Chrome and Safari.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Finally got it to work.
      Fascinating how .1mm differences and slight angle differences, and even .05mm differences make in planes.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

it works fine. Subtitles are up just a little too quick to read completely..
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...