• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Another nod to the Shark Guard

The Shark Guard is featured in the March 2018 Family Handyman magazine under "Stuff we Love" on page 10. I personally love mine and wouldn't use my saw without it. Mine is shared between my Ridgid R4512 where it lives 99% of the time and occasionally used on my Shopsmith Mark V.
    Chr's
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Agreed. The Shark Guard transformed me from a never-use-a-blade-guard dust-breathing table saw user to a user who feels vulnerable when he has to remove the guard for a dado or something. And, I'm very pleased with my dust collection thanks to the Shark Guard and my Clear-Vue cyclone. Glad to see others are having the same love for the Shark Guard - it is one of the very best shop purchases that I have ever made.

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

Thanks, Guys.
      That article was a surprise to me. I've had quite a few customers that mentioned they found me because of that article. Customer safety and satisfaction has always been the goal. Word of mouth is always the best advertising and happy customers like you continue to prove it.
      Lee

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Lee, those business methods only work when you sell a high quality product at a fair price which is omething fewer and fewer companies understand today. Keep up the good work.
        Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by twistsol
          Lee, those business methods only work when you sell a high quality product at a fair price which is omething fewer and fewer companies understand today. Keep up the good work.
          Amen to that!
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I am FINALLY going to order one. As I should have done a decade ago when I joined this forum. Or more. Old, who knows? What? Where am I?

Anyway should I get the 2.5" or 4" hose connection? I'll be using a 3HP DC with 5" shop runs down to 4" tool runs, except the TS might end up being 5" to the base. (Unisaw) I've heard people with the 4" complain about too much suction. I'd rather not screw around with two gates, my plan had been to get the incoming 5" and then split it. I have a Delta overhead guard kit now which also holds the power switch and a tool tray. I will keep that (and remove the Delta guard). I could use its 2.5" tubing for a clean way to get DC there, but not important to do so.

Comment

• Stytooner
              Roll Tide RIP Lee
              • Dec 2002
              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
              • BT3100

The 3D printed version of the 2.5" dust port that we use now is incredibly efficient. Even when piped down to 2.5" on a typical dust collector. The beauty of the Shark guard too is that you can swap dust ports easily if not satisfied.
              You can swap them out for the cost of shipping.
              The website will be updated soon to reflect this.
              Lee

Comment

• Carlos
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Thanks! Now...just need an answer to my e-mail about which specific one to order for my Unisaw, which isn't specifically listed on the site...

Comment

Working...