I dropped by my local saw sharpening shop today, finally caught him open. Bad thing though I had forgotten my saw. I wanted to see if he could sharpen my fine tooth back saw. Anyway, I asked the owner about unclaimed 10" saw blades. They sell unclaimed blades for sharpening cost. He said that someone comes around a couple times a year and buys a lot of unclaimed blades. I picked through the stack of rusty blades and found a heavy 120 tooth and 36 toot for $14. Not forest blades but plenty of carbide left for my own re-sharpening. I'll keep an eye on his unclaimed blades in the future. He says that 10% of all blades left with him are unclaimed!
Check with your local sharpener for this kind of deal!
capncarl
Check with your local sharpener for this kind of deal!
capncarl

LCHIEN
Loring in Katy, TX USA
Comment