• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

10 Million Dollar Stick

This is not a power tool but a tool to be used with a power tool, specifically the miter saw.

Got an link from FastCap for this simple tool:

10 Million Dollar Stick

IF you do decide you like this and want to order one instead of making your own, at the checkout - enter 10MILLION for a $10 discount.

I did order one and got $10 off of the $14.95 but did have to pay $7.15 postage for a total of $12.10 shipped.

Go to www.fastcap.com and type in "10 million dollar stick" to find it.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I went ahead and ordered one.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Having had my share of small pieces flung all over the shop by my scms I absolutely refuse to cut any short wood without CLAMPING it down! I may be partially at blame for these flings because I change angles so much that I do not change the backstop and put on the zero clearance plate as much as I should. I've added square t track bars behind my fences that mounts a pair of Kreg sliding vice grip type clamps and can clamp about any piece down before cutting it. These sticks would be a wonderful addition if you don't have any way to clamp, and will certainly protect your fingers but won't stop your saw from scaring you to death when it snatches a piece and whacks you up side your head with it!
      capncarl

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

Just pick up 2, one for my Brother in Law and myself. We are both using the SCMS saw to do laminate flooring and base boards and some pieces get very especially on the base board. We both like our fingers and at our age would like to finish our lives with them. Besides who know if Medicare or Obomacare covers it. Me I am ok but brother in law and his medical coverage is questionable, he has had some surprises the past couple of years after getting on Medicare. Still have the redline on the BT3 and our SCMS have yellow throat plates so we have visual warnings, but bad eyesight. Mods I am not trying to get political but over 65 medical care can get dicey.

Tom

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by TB Roye
          Just pick up 2, one for my Brother in Law and myself. We are both using the SCMS saw to do laminate flooring and base boards and some pieces get very especially on the base board. We both like our fingers and at our age would like to finish our lives with them.

Tom
          I put down 500 Sq Ft of laminate three weeks ago (where we had carpet) and have another 250 to go in another room later this month or early May. Looking forward to using the stick. Plus LOML wants me to make a corner cabinet this year in a form that looks like mission furniture. I certainly can put it to use, and I like the magnet feature to keep it handy.
          Hank Lee

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

cool simple idea. I use various scraps to do the same thing but this is much more elegant.
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

Hank

I have another 400-500 sq. ft. of Pergo + baseboard to go later this spring and summer. this also includes removing the wall between the lining/dinning room and family room making on great room. This als mean pulling up some of the Pergo in Family room to be able to continue the flooring into the living and dinning room. There will be a lot of SCMC use and this device will really help on the small pieces. Those little pieces of base board between the door trim and corner are scary when they are 4-6 inches of less, cut the 45 first then the length but using scrap less than 12 inches rather than big pieces is where it get scary.

Tom

Comment

• gerti
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
                • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

BTW I had to do some laminate flooring and got one of those:

Made very quick work, and no dust!

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

I used the flooring project as an excuse to get my Dewalt dual scms. LOML didn't complain method to my madness

Tom

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I got mine today.

Initial comment:
                    Doesn't have the magnets featured in the video ad but upon review the catalog page doesn't show it either. Did you guys think it would come with magnets?

Also its so long it doesn't fit on the deck of the Miter saw like I originally envisioned when the tip is close to the blade.
                    My mitersaw setup has movable supports on a track which are rollers so it won't support the end of the stick. Gotta cut it shorter or put a semi-permanent flat support where it wants to land.
                    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-10-2015, 10:01 PM.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

I haven't received mine yet, maybe Monday. I did think it would come with the magnet though.
                      Hank Lee

Comment

• TB Roye
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                        • BT3100

No magnet on mine either will have check on how it fits on the deck of the saw/ It could be going back. If so it will be the second thing I received today that's being returned. Got Folio case and bluetooth key board for my iPad air off of Ebay. Opened up the case and the shift key fell out in my lap tried to put it back on little piece might be broken won't stay on.

Tom

Comment

• jussi
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007

That's a cool design. I will have to copy that. Right now I just use a stick to push it against he fence but it definitely doesn't feel as secure as it could be
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

The articulated claw is the secret that makes it so you can push straight down on it to hold the wood in place rather having to apply force at an angle.

The long part is a piece of wood that is just screwed into a socket on the claw part - I think I'm going to fashion a short arm and try that out. One short enough so that one end rests on the deck of the saw while the other end rests on the wood on the same side of the blade.

The rubber foot that appears in the photos and video to be screwed into the arm has been replaced by a piece of cut rubber with adhesive backing, in addition to the missing magnets.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-11-2015, 10:38 PM.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

5 Million dollar stick

modified.... 5 Million dollar stick now

Cut a new piece of wood, it's 3/4" x 3/4"
                              Was 14 - 7/8" long, cut down by 7-3/4"
                              Hint - only the frontmost screw is in the wood. Don't need to remove the 2nd screw.
                              Added a rubber tip, hot melt glued on. (can't see it in the photos).
                              Three Before and Two after pictures.
                              Saw: Hitachi C12FDH
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-11-2015, 06:16 PM.
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...