• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Hey Dom, I probably won't as this is not my primary saw anymore. It shouldn't be too bad though. Trace the profiles of each rail opening and fit to the smaller or make each side fit tightly. That is how I would approach it. GL
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• mpc
      • Feb 2005
      • Cypress, CA, USA.
      • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Dom - Yes, the maple+aluminum can replace the external T-nut style clamps. I have infeed/outfeed tables that I made that attach via the lower slot in the rails (pic at my infeed and outfeed tables); the tables are fairly narrow and I slide them left/right to match the workpiece. Those external clamps were constantly in the way. T-nut style clamps though do make it easier to install my new internal setup - as they held the rails in position while I drilled pilot holes. Usually I just remove the bottom T-nut clamp; the inside one isn't in the way so I leave it as an extra bit of support.

mpc

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

BT3000 vs BT3100 front rail profile difference.
        The difference is the black BT3100 rail has a longer front stoop that dips farther out and lower
        The top, back, and bottom slots all still line up between them..

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3000 vs BT3100 Front rail differences.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	844887
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...