• BT3100

Recall of Ridgid Nailers

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    December 6, 2012
    Release #13-059

Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 597-9624
    CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Ridgid Pneumatic Nailers Recalled by One World Technologies Due to Laceration or Injury Hazard; Sold Exclusively at the Home Depot

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: RIDGID Coil Roofing Nailer and RIDGID Clipped Head Framing Nailer

Units: About 8,400 Coil Roofing Nailers and 4,400 Clipped Head Framing Nailers

Importer: One World Technologies Inc., of Anderson, S.C.

Manufacturer: De Poan Pneumatic Corporation, of Taiwan

Hazard: The trigger assembly on the nailers can malfunction and involuntarily discharge a fastener, posing a laceration or injury hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: None reported

Description: The recalled pneumatic nailers are used to secure fasteners into roofs and woodwork. The orange and gray hand held drill-shaped tools have the name "RIDGID" on the side of the nailers in white type on a black panel. The model and serial numbers are located on the side of the nail tray/magazine where the fasteners are loaded. Recalled nailers have the following serial number range:

Coil Roofing Nailer model R175RNE: ER114600001 through ER1217008424
    Clipped Head Framing Nailer model R350CHE: ER114600001 through ER1215004424

Nailers with a blue dot on the product packaging are not included in the recall.

Sold at: Home Depot stores nationwide and online at homedepot.com between January 2012 and September 2012 for about $230.

Manufactured in: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled nailers and contact One World Technologies for a free replacement nailer.

Consumer Contact: One World Technologies at (800) 597-9624 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.ridgid.com and click on Safety Notices for more information.

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including pictures of the recalled products, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13059.html
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-08-2012, 03:16 AM.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Uh, oh I see, you mean Ridgid Nailers, not Ridgid Mailers. Thought they had gotten into the office supplies business for a second there...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by dbhost
      Uh, oh I see, you mean Ridgid Nailers, not Ridgid Mailers. Thought they had gotten into the office supplies business for a second there...
      If they recalled the mailers, then wouldn't this be in the anti bargain section? (some wives might be happy)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

i edited the title of the thread to indicate Nailers.
        THose of you using mailers for woodworking can rest easy now.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

This must have caused a panic until it was cleared up.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Were these normin mailers or regular mailers?

Comment

• sweensdv
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • WI
              • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Shouldn't this be moved over to Tool Talk?

Comment

• BobSch
                • Aug 2004
                • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                • BT3100

Note to self:

Proofread before posting. Proofread Before Posting. PROOFREAD BEFORE POSTING!!
                Bob

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by BobSch
                  Note to self:

Proofread before posting. Proofread Before Posting. PROOFREAD BEFORE POSTING!!
                  No big deal, it was easy to change, even you as the original thread starter can edit the title at a later time, just click "edit" and then do "go Advanced" and you can change the title. I like to keep the title clean and w/o typos in key words so that searching for topics works well.
                  Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-08-2012, 11:15 PM.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• BobSch
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                    • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                    No big deal, it was easy to change, even you as the original thread starter can edit the title at a later time, just click "edit" and then do "go Advanced" and you can change the title. I like to keep the title clean and w/o typos in key words so that searching for topics works well.
                    I know. I didn't see the typo until everybody commented on it.
                    Bob

Comment

Working...