what kind of wax for planer/jointer table?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Pappy
    Are you people trying to say that tools aren't supposed to be REDDISH-BROWN???????
    Now there's a novel idea, a new tool maker could extablish a line of pre-rusted tools painted reddish brown to match and hide the rust spots. The big advantage is when you go to sell it and you can claim in the sales ad that it "looks new" or "just like new" or like new condition".
    And be perfectly straight faced about it.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      Now there's a novel idea, a new tool maker could extablish a line of pre-rusted tools painted reddish brown to match and hide the rust spots. The big advantage is when you go to sell it and you can claim in the sales ad that it "looks new" or "just like new" or like new condition".
      And be perfectly straight faced about it.
      A lot of people on CL seem pretty straight-faced about their "like new" rust buckets.

g.
      Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

No kidding. One of the bandsaws I looked at was all rust, including the blade.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• BrazosJake
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Benbrook, TX.
          • Emerson-built Craftsman

Minwax, I can't seem to find johnsons and it's the same. I've had my ridgid for 7 years, & a couple heavy coats a year does it. Next time I change knives, I will probably try the t9 or similar. The cutterhead is harder to coat than the table.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by BrazosJake
            Minwax, I can't seem to find johnsons and it's the same. I've had my ridgid for 7 years, & a couple heavy coats a year does it. Next time I change knives, I will probably try the t9 or similar. The cutterhead is harder to coat than the table.
            Johnson's paste wax, in the cleaning supplies and floor care supplies at a hardware store near you (Lowes, Home Depot).
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• toolbelt diva
              Established Member
              • Oct 2004
              • Houston, TX, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3100-1

Very timely as I was going to ask a similar question about rust prevention. Looks like I'll be picking up some Boeshield T-9 and Johnson's paste wax. Any recommendations on application techniques or are the instructions pretty clear? I've never used these items and have no idea how to put it on and with what. Thank you.
              Last edited by toolbelt diva; 01-31-2011, 12:57 PM.
              Rita

Comment

Working...