Can anyone help me align my Grizzly G0478?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GPDMTR25

Can anyone help me align my Grizzly G0478?

My table saw seemed out of alignment. I got out my Master plate and dial from front of the blade to back of the blade is off by .01. The manual states: Loosen the trunnion bolts shown in Figure 57. Under Figure 57 it indicates 6 bolts but it also says “not all the trunnion bolts are shown”).

Does anyone know how many trunnion bolts this saw has? I can only locate 6. I loosened the bolts. With the bolts lose I was able to adjust the trunnion assembly get the measurement down to .03 but that’s all. I’m very frustrated with this, can anyone help. I’m trying to contact Grizzly but their tech support doesn’t have a 1-800 number and I don’t have long distance so I’m in the process of email them.

Can anyone with this saw help me out?

Thanks
    Angela
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

What size wrench is used on invisible trunnion bolts?
    (Sorry couldn't help that one).

offering some practical suggestions - if you had not loosened all the trunnion bolts its doubtful you could have budged the alignment at all. So you probably got all of them.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JSUPreston
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Montgomery, AL.
      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Angela, I know this is an obvious question, but are you sure that the blade is not the issue (i.e.: warped, out of balance, etc.)? Have you tried with another blade? Is it possible that the arbor shaft is bent?

One other thought: how are you measuring the alignment? Different folks have different ways? I haven't used a dial caliper yet on mine, but the last time I aligned mine, I used a square and aligned the blade parallel to the left miter slot. That being said, if the miter slot is off (manufacturing defect in how the slot is formed/cut), it could affect the measurement as well.

Edit: just learned that the Master Plate replaces the blade when aligning. Learned something new. However, a couple of Amazon reviews indicate that the plate itself may be at issue. Are you sure that it is perfectly flat? One reviewed said that he/she "laid my Starrett straight edge across it and could rock the straight edge noticeably."

I'm not familiar with that particular saw, just trying to think of how I would troubleshoot this on my saw.

BTW: Welcome to the site. If you haven't been around long, you'll find out very quickly that this site is a treasure trove of knowledge. I personally lurked for weeks before I joined, and quickly discovered that there is a lot of knowledge on many topics around here.
      Last edited by JSUPreston; 09-01-2010, 09:14 AM. Reason: learning about the Master Plate
      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...