• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by TB Roye
    I was in Woodcraft yesterday and found a 12" Jet DP and 10 Jet Bandsaw that fit the bill. Little pricey at $299 each. I need to sit down and figure out a new layout for the shop first. You know really it all your guys fault. when I joined 4 or 5 years ago all I had was 10 X12 unfinished Tuff Shed and a BT3100 and now I have routers/table, drill press, bandsaw work bench cabinets, Shop Vac, compressor and all kinds of other toy talked about on this forum. So now I say Hi my name is Tom and I am a tool junky.

Tom
    If you have a BT, why do you have a separate router table? If you don't like the OE table / fence, build an upgraded version to use the right side rails... Saves a TON of floor space when you have limited room!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
      If you have a BT, why do you have a separate router table? If you don't like the OE table / fence, build an upgraded version to use the right side rails... Saves a TON of floor space when you have limited room!
      You could build your router table on either the right or the left side, whichever fits your layout. I added half-rails and went left, as I can walk completely around on that side.

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

The router table was one of the first projects I made after finishing the shop. I could use the BT3 as I have the large table kit. I made a cover for the router table that allows me to use it like a work bench so keeping it in the shop is not a big problem. But that is always a thought. I will post some pictures of my shop this weekend I have an Idea what I am going to do.

Tom

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

I have seen a band saw mounted so that it would lay down and became a work bench with a lathe mounted to the work bench side. It was a long time ago and I don't remember just how the tilt mechanism worked. It did however look sturdy and I seem to recall that the man said that he used one or the other as you can't use both at the same time.

Just a thought, perhaps you just need to build your own frankenbenchtool.

Bill, over here where it's still daylight

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Did you ever post pics like you said you were going to?

Some of us are always on the lookout for space saving ideas...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...