2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar @ HF, any good?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar @ HF, any good?

these at hf:

i think i saw a thread here at one time about these and can remember if they were any good or not?

do any of you have them? what do you think of them and what do/have you used them for?

thanks!
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
    these at hf:

i think i saw a thread here at one time about these and can remember if they were any good or not?

do any of you have them? what do you think of them and what do/have you used them for?

thanks!

Use this forum to post info about a great bargain you have found on any woodworking related item. Please be aware that posts in this forum will be deleted once they expire or if they are found to be unworthy. Please, no "gloats" unless it is a deal that others can get. The items posted should be new and/or refurbished merchandise, and must be available to more that just the posting individual. Also, suffecient information should be included that would allow an individual to find the item, preferably on the web or through a local store.

hint do a search for 95746 here on the forum, if you saw a previous thread.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

I have two of them and I posted a thread with a picture of one of the uses I put them to:
      This forum is the place to ask questions about a project you are working on or are planning.

I also used them to hang verticals. I think they are great. They have the swivel joint rubber padded ends, so they will work on angles. They also have the upper adjustment with a one handed trigger adjustment, which is beneficial when holding one part with one hand and supporting it with the tool. I've also used them to hold up wall cabinets if they aren't too heavy. I got my money's worth the first time I used them. And best of all, they don't yak your head off like a helper would.

Comment

• Carlos
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I bought the one they sell as a truck bed bar, and it works well with a huge amount of pressure. It seems loose and wobbly until you get it tightened. I added the four-pocket net and it's quite useful.

Comment

• 91FE
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

They're awesome. Got mine on sale for $8/ea and have used them several times for setting up temporary barriers while working on the house.
          I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

• sweensdv
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • WI
            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I too have a couple of these that I use in the bed of my pickup. For my purposes, they work out fantastic.

Comment

• jarhead
              • May 2004
              • Boynton Beach, FL.

Are they no longer available online? Searching for item #95746 produces zero results.

Comment

• LarryG
                The Full Monte
                • May 2004
                • Off The Back
                • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

This thread from roughly a year and half ago may shed some light. Then again, it may raise still more questions than it answers.
                Larry

Comment

• sweensdv
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • WI
                  • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by jarhead
                  Are they no longer available online? Searching for item #95746 produces zero results.
                  It looks like the in store version carries a different part number than the online version. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66172

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                    • BT3100

thanks guys for the replies!

reading the other threads, it seems like no one has put substantial weight on these things, like maybe hanging some cabinets?

for those interested, they are $8 at HF, i dont seem to be able to save the coupon as a jped, and the adobe file at 55k is too big for posting here. if you email me, i can forward you the email that i got from hf.

Comment

• ksum
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007

I had one of these that I kept inthe back of my pickup. After about 2 months the handle for tightening the unit broke. I had not applied a lot of pressure, and figured the plastic was weekend from the sun. I may have to try again, since I am the first to mention this, and it seems others have kept one in their truck as well.

Karl

Comment

• Pitman
                        Forum Newbie
                        • May 2005

Handle broke on mine as well. But I do think I was cranking down on it pretty hard. I just brought it back to HF and swapped it out for a new one. Gotta love HF's return policy.

Comment

• sweensdv
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • WI
                          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I too broke the handle on one of those style cargo bars but it wasn't the Harbor Freight version. It was on one that I had paid $30 for so price is not always a good indicator of quality or........ how one properly uses the product. When I replaced that broken one with the Harbor Freight cargo bars I not only haven't had a problem with them I also realized that you don't have to crank them down with the strength of Samson to get them to hold.

Comment

• iceman61
                            • Oct 2007
                            • West TN
                            • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
                            ...for those interested, they are $8 at HF
                            How come my nearest HF told me on the phone these are $14? Am I missing something here? I also don't see prices on their website. I've never been to HF but was thinking about dropping by today while in Memphis & picking up a couple of these to try out.

Comment

• SCBob
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Apr 2006
                              • South Carolina
                              • Ridgid ts24241

Iceman, I get emails with coupons from HF every 3-4 days.
                              I have one for the "2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar" @ $7.99 that expires 02/07/09.
                              But have not been able to post it.
                              I was was able to mail it to myself using the "click here to print this coupon".
                              It took 3 "copy" and "paste" to get it all. Looks and printed pretty good.
                              Bob

Comment

Working...