was this a good buy :D

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Crash2510
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 830
    • North Central Ohio

    #1

    was this a good buy :D

    went today to pick up a new jointer i bought.

    cost me $122 dollars

    thought it was a pretty good deal for a powermatic in great shape.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	jointer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	792554

    really needed to upgrade to a little bigger jointer

    man this thing is heavy and quiet
    Phil In Ohio
    The basement woodworker
  • eezlock
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 997
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

    #2
    was this a good buy : D

    I would say so for that jointer! That is almost a freebie.....eezlock

    Comment

    • eddy merckx
      Established Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 359
      • Western WA
      • Shop Fox Cabinet

      #3
      Nice job Phil.

      Comment

      • Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • 1273
        • USA.

        #4
        You had to ask? Yes it even deserves a Y-O-U S-U-C-K !!!! Nice one.
        No good deed goes unpunished

        Comment

        • Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • 7091
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

          #5
          And when somebody named "Hoover" says "You SUCK", you can pretty much bet it's true...

          Comment

          • Hoover
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • 1273
            • USA.

            #6
            Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
            And when somebody named "Hoover" says "You SUCK", you can pretty much bet it's true...
            Thank you Uncle Cracker for noticing!!!
            No good deed goes unpunished

            Comment

            • dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • 9562
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

              #7
              Since I am in the market for a good jointer, and I never see screaming deals like that, I will keep my obscenities to myself...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

              Comment

              • LCHIEN
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2002
                • 22085
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

                #8
                you know it was, you sly dog.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

                Comment

                • Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 6021
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

                  #9
                  That was not a good buy. It was a great buy, worthy of a gloat.

                  Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

                  For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

                  Comment

                  • BobSch
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 4385
                    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                    • BT3100

                    #10
                    Was that a question or a gloat?

                    Nice nab, Phil.
                    Bob

                    Bad decisions make good stories.

                    Comment

                    • Gator95
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 322
                      • Atlanta GA
                      • Ridgid 3660

                      #11
                      You so totally SUCK!

                      Comment

                      • jhart
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 1715
                        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                        • BT3100

                        #12
                        Really smooth way of doing a gloat...... and it was a great deal.
                        Joe
                        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

                        Comment

                        • poolhound
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 3196
                          • Phoenix, AZ
                          • BT3100

                          #13
                          Great grab - enjoy.

                          I would love to color match my shop with all "gold" machinery, only one so far. I saw a guy this week who had just sold a PM jointer for $250 although I think it was the next size up from this one. I wasnt too disapointed as I am still assembling my shiny new Delta JT360. Not quite a PM but as I took advantage of the stock dump at lowes I picked it up for only $82.25. I sold my Delta benchtop for $80 on saturday so as A friend who came over yesterday said I could look at it as getting a new jointer for $2.25
                          Jon

                          Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
                          ________________________________

                          We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                          techzibits.com

                          Comment

                          Working...