What brand blade is in your TS right now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schleeper
    replied
    Forrest WWII 30T TK, but I'll be switching over to the Forrest Duraline Hi-A/T soon, when I start cutting the ply for my cabinets.

Leave a comment:

• StickSeler
    replied
    Some one dug this up so Ill comment, I have quite a few freud blades from when we discontinued them at work.

I haven't used my saw for a few months till Sunday and I had to trim a miniblind to install and I noticed I had a Dewalt 8-1/4" treated lumber blade from my circular saw in there

I guess its still in there from when I did my shed last fall, but it did its job

Leave a comment:

• Knottscott
    replied
    Originally posted by Wandere
    Just bought mine from CL and cracked it open to blow it out...the blade is literally unmarked except for an engraved KBL 40T...engraved by hand I believe.

lol...odd...so I choose other. :P Have a disposable Oldham 60T finishing blade ready to cut a bunch of laminate flooring. I don't expect the blade to survive long after the job.

-Rob
    If your experience with the 60T Oldham is anything like mine, you'll be hoping the flooring puts an end to it!

As an update to the original question....this morning there's a Tenryu blade sitting my saw.

Leave a comment:

• Duff
    replied
    Crapsman 60 tooth only because I need to clean my Freud.

Leave a comment:

• Wandere
    replied
    Just bought mine from CL and cracked it open to blow it out...the blade is literally unmarked except for an engraved KBL 40T...engraved by hand I believe.

lol...odd...so I choose other. :P Have a disposable Oldham 60T finishing blade ready to cut a bunch of laminate flooring. I don't expect the blade to survive long after the job.

-Rob

Leave a comment:

• Knottscott
    replied
    Originally posted by JSUPreston
    There's a Delta on the new saw. Hopefully the tool gloat and pic will make it up today.
    Without a pic, it's an "alleged" tool gloat!

Leave a comment:

• JSUPreston
    replied
    There's a Delta on the new saw. Hopefully the tool gloat and pic will make it up today.

Leave a comment:

• Zenaca
    replied
    Have 2 Avenger blades 40t & 60t i got on clearance at woodcraft for $10 apiece i switch between them.

Bud

Leave a comment:

• kmk
    replied
    I've Forrest Woodworker II. I did a major project ripping & cutting cheery (finished) panels. Couldn't have bought a better blade.

Couple of days ago I removed it from the saw and cleaned it using Toolsaver
    system (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11497) to restore to its
    original look. I had great results. Should have cleaned it bit sooner.
    Last edited by kmk; 08-16-2007, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jabe
    replied
    I use Tenryu Mel Pro 100T or a Leitz 80T and Forrest HI ATB. I cut mostly Okume lumbercore Plywd with wht. laminate on both sides and 13 ply maple. When ripping hardwoods I use a Tenryu 24 T rapid cut or a Frued combination. I change blades often depending on the material i'm cutting.

Leave a comment:

• JSCOOK
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustmight
    I'm curious what the "other" category includes. Any of you "other" owners care to elaborate?
    Tenryu Rapid Cut ... or at least it was until today ... my Ridge Carbide TS2000 has just showed up in the mail from Holbren.

Leave a comment:

• crokett
    replied
    Mine is a Porter-Cable Razor variable tooth. Its made by somebody else (Oldham I think) but it has the Porter Cable name on it. A very nice blade.

Leave a comment:

• LarryG
    replied
    I'm not familiar with the Other brand of blades, but I may have to try one since they seem to be the third-most popular behind Forrest and Freud.

Lately I've noticed a number of references to the Ridge TS2000. Has this blade been redesigned recently? Fine Woodworking tested a batch of blades a while back, using highly scientific and non-subjective methods, and the TS2000 was a very average, middle-of-the-pack performer.

Leave a comment:

• mschrank
    replied
    With these poll results, seems Freud ought to give us a discount

Leave a comment:

• cwsmith
    replied
    I clicked "Other". I just set-up my BT3100-1 earlier this year and actually haven't put that much wood with it yet. My BT was fitted with the "chinese" look-alike to (what I have read) what was a "Freud" blade.

It actually makes a pretty nice cut, so far. When I start building the new fireplace surround (mantal, side cabinets, etc.), I probably go with a Freud blade that would be designed for such a project. (Don't know the blade model number yet.)

CWS

Leave a comment:

Working...