What brand blade is in your TS right now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pappy
    replied
    I have a Freud TK303 that I bought for it's thin kerf. It tends to stay in the BT most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Cody.h
    replied
    I clicked other so I'll elaborate. I guess its been a couple of years ago now Amazon was giving away the Avenger blades and I got the 6" dado set and the 3 piece 10" set. I had been using the original freud blade for a long time but a tooth broken off so went to the 50 tooth avenger. I like it just fine but think the original was better. I've been savin my pennies for a forrest but might have to jump on Brian's father's day deal.

Hey Gary....where do you get the Leitz 24T Thin Kerf Rip blade from???

Leave a comment:

• Knottscott
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxRandal
    I have several Freud blades (thanks to a damaged freight store). Seems to me only ONE of them had a piece of paper in it, though I can't find it now. Does anyone have Freud's sharpening address? Or just skip them and go directly to Forrest?

Thanks
    I was unaware that Freud even had a resharpening service. Forrest, Ridge Carbide, or Scott Whiting have excellent reputations.

Originally posted by gary
    Leitz 24T Thin Kerf Rip blade. This blade cuts as smooth as my 80T Freud blade. Absolutely amazing
    Hi Gary - I've got a couple of those Leitz 24T rippers and think they're as good as any ripper I've tried ($10 each makes them legal to steal!), but something had to have been wrong with that 80T Freud to get comparably smooth cuts from these two blades. On a side note, I ganged 3 of those rippers together to make an 11/32" x 2-3/8" deep grove in 25 linear feet of QSWO and got nice results. I also determined that my 22124 is not underpowered, but if there was ever a time when 3hp would have been handy, that was it...it was the most grueling cuts to date for any of my saws. .

=========

To all - I expected that Freud would be the most popular brand, especially in light of the fact that they formerly made the original Ryobi blade, but I didn't anticipate it being by such a wide margin. I'm also surprised that Ridge Carbide is as popular here as it is...excellent blade IMHO (Holbren's got them for $72 shipped thru today I believe ("FD20").

Too bad the survey would only allow 12 choices. I'm curious what the "other" category includes. I suspect there are some Tenryu onwers out there...in hind sight, I wished I'd included it asa choice over Systimatic, CMT, or Amana. Any of you "other" owners care to elaborate? (...Bosch, Oldham, Leitz, Delta, PC, B&D, Craftsman, Vermont American, Ridgid? {...which is really a Freud}...)
    Last edited by Knottscott; 06-17-2007, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxRandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Russianwolf
    original Freud made Ryobi blade. But I think it's about in need of sharpening.

I have several Freud blades (thanks to a damaged freight store). Seems to me only ONE of them had a piece of paper in it, though I can't find it now. Does anyone have Freud's sharpening address? Or just skip them and go directly to Forrest?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• gary
    replied
    Leitz 24T Thin Kerf Rip blade. This blade cuts as smooth as my 80T Freud blade. Absolutely amazing

Leave a comment:

• gsmittle
    replied
    Originally posted by Russianwolf
    Me too! Except mine's recently sharpened.

g.

Leave a comment:

• Russianwolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JSCOOK
    replied
    Hmmm ... Tenryu ... soon to be a Ridge Carbide TS2000 TK ...

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey Schronce
    replied
    Current go to is Ridge Carbide TS2000 combo. What is *actually* in my saw right now is Freud TK 24t rip blade.

Leave a comment:

• Knottscott
    started a poll What brand blade is in your TS right now?

What brand blade is in your TS right now?

Forrest
    18.41%
    Freud
    48.72%
    Infinity
    0.70%
    Ridge Carbide
    4.43%
    DeWalt
    3.03%
    Systimatic
    0.70%
    CMT
    0.70%
    Amana
    0.70%
    Delta
    3.26%
    Hitachi
    1.63%
    Irwin
    3.03%
    Other
    14.69%
    What brand blade is presently in your saw?
Working...