Avenger Dado Stack - What Did They Sell For?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

If there was a decent dado for less than 100 for the freud one I'd be interested. I'f it's over 100 then my money will likely go to freud
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Brian G
      What dado blades do stack up to the right numbers? My Freud SD206 doesn't.

That's the first time I've heard anyone having trouble with Freud. Everyone elses Freuds seems to.
      My Freud SD308 Stacks up right.

It's an easy thing to build them correctly. The technology for holding tolerances in metals has been known for a very long time.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• messmaker
        Veteran Member
        • May 2004
        • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
        • Ridgid 2424

Avenger

Originally posted by Holbren
        I don't know for sure but it's possible they came from the same factory. The Avenger had a good reputation so I thought it might be worth it to sell them but pricing may be an issue.
        -------------------------------------
        You have a Freud model and a Dewalt for less than $100. I would think you would have to be a good bit below($40-60) to make the product move.
        spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• Brian G
          • Jun 2003
          • Bloomington, Minnesota.
          • G0899

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          That's the first time I've heard anyone having trouble with Freud. Everyone elses Freuds seems to.
          My Freud SD308 Stacks up right.
          I wonder if we differ in what each of us means by "stacking up right".

My "meaning" is that if I want a 1/2" dado, I don't get the correct width by using the two blades and two 1/8" chippers. I end up a little undersized. This is because the two blades alone result in about a 0.233" (measured with a HF digital caliper) dado. That's what I mean about not stacking up.

Now, if I add three 1/8" chippers and the 1/16" chipper to the two blades and cut a dado, then my HF caliper displays 0.6705". I'd agree that means they "stack up right". (i.e., 0.233" + 0.375" + 0.0625" = 0.6705").

Tonight, to satisfy my curiousity, I ran through the series (i.e., added chipper combinations sequentially), cut the dado, and then measured the width of the dado. They do sum correctly (i.e., the 1/8" chippers add 0.125" to the width, and the 1/16" chipper adds 0.0625" to the width), but sum total is always about 0.017" smaller than what the chart would say. That 0.017" is just about 0.4-ish mm worth of shim needed to get a snug fit.
          Brian

Comment

Working...