• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Loring,

Some PC's like the C5100 use the same part.

I checked my tool sites under my favorites and Sears looks to be just as competitive.

use this coupon code for 10% off at sears partsdirect.com: "60002"
    Pete

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

Loring, Sears buys the replacement parts from HF. The others buy it from the manufacturer

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Hellrazor
        Loring, Sears buys the replacement parts from HF. The others buy it from the manufacturer
        Apparently, judging from the failure pics, they bought the original from HF, too.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Picture of broken part attached. It's steel, not brass, and
          the cross section where it broke is like .575 x .512" - ought to be pretty strong!
          ( I suppose all that steel to the left side is supposed to be a counterbalance to the bearing and piston, to keep the vibration down - doesn't work all that well ).

Thanks to all. I hope they have the part in stock. It's a **** of a mess now spread all over my working area.
          You have eliminated the possibility that the reason it broke is that something further down the line is frozen, right?

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cgallery
            You have eliminated the possibility that the reason it broke is that something further down the line is frozen, right?
            Oh, yeah, I could turn the plastic fan attached to the eccentric and run the piston up and down, easily, since I did not have the motor to turn.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Got the part from sears today. installed with few problems ... the new self-tapping screw being too short and stripping out before it grabbed... I used the old screw. I used a torque wrench because the parts list clearly stated it needed 100-120 in-lbs, which I converted to 8-10 ft lbs.
              Heck, it took 10 ft-lbs just to turn the self-tapping screw. (probably why the first one broke - they over-torqued it at the factory)

BTW the new part is beefier than the old - they made the cross section thicker and therefore stronger... improvement on a bad design, I guess.

P.S. I guess i should say it all works, now.
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-09-2007, 10:09 AM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• eezlock
                • Feb 2006
                • Charlotte,N.C.
                • BT3100

air compressor.......

Loring I think that part is a machined counterweight for the piston/ connecting rod that helps to maintain balance on the assembly while the piston moves up and down in its travel. If this were a 60 deg. v-twin arrangement it probably would not have this part, because the opposing connecting rod would also act as a counterweight to the opposite cylinder.
                My thoughts...probably no help here, buy thought I'd chime in anyway
                with two two cylinders, hope you can get it fixed all the same...eezlock

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Somehow I dredged up this old post while searching. Amusing reading. I should say the compressor is still working 13 years on after the repair...
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...