Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeps

that should probably work, looks like basically the same machine. The main thing that I wanted was just how to properly put the paper on the drum. I'm sure it's not difficult, but I have read of some people having the paper rip on them. I'll PM you and give you my email address. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Comment

• RodKirby
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
      • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by mikeps
      that should probably work, looks like basically the same machine. The main thing that I wanted was just how to properly put the paper on the drum. I'm sure it's not difficult, but I have read of some people having the paper rip on them. I'll PM you and give you my email address. Thanks for the help.

Mike
      Manual e-mailed...

Regards - Rod
      Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• xwelder
        Handtools only
        • Mar 2011

Sander clip by height adjuster

I was replacing my first belt and thought I had the sandpaper insalled the same manor as the one I took out but when I started the wood through it pulled out on the end of the drum next to the height adjuster. I can't see well enough behind there to tell how the sandpaper is supposed to grip. Maybe when the wood grabbed it removed something because I can't see whats supposed to hold it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
        xwelder

Comment

• RodKirby
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
          • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by xwelder
          I was replacing my first belt and thought I had the sandpaper insalled the same manor as the one I took out but when I started the wood through it pulled out on the end of the drum next to the height adjuster. I can't see well enough behind there to tell how the sandpaper is supposed to grip. Maybe when the wood grabbed it removed something because I can't see whats supposed to hold it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
          xwelder
          Replied to PM.

There are spring-clips inside each end of the drum - you have to feel around inside to find them. Unmistakable grip once you find them.
          Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• cork58
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • Wasilla, AK, USA.
            • BT3000

You might give is a look for the paper. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/

I haven't bought from them yet but when you get to looking these guys are really into the sanding business.

My sander is a perfromax 16x32 so no help on your other guestions, but I just went through a real experiance with mine. The locking collars on the drum came loose on the motor side. Before I figured out what was wrong it ate the shaft part of the drum. I was able to repair it and all is ok now but for now on I'll be checking those set screws more often.
            Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

I bought a 52 yard roll of 120 grit. Don't remember if it was from Industrial Abrasives or Super Grit.

Two tips if you are going to cut your own strips.

1. Layout a cut line on the floor so the length will alwys be right.

2. make a template for the ends and mark which side is up. I have found strips from Ryobi that were cut backwards, and they are supposed to be machine cut.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• natausch
                Established Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Aurora, IL
                • BT3000 - 15A

Stop making me jealous. Been in the hunt for a drum sander for about a year, casual and slow paced but still frustrating. Current one I'm stalking is a Performax 16/32 but the guy selling won't budge on the asking price posted on CL for the last two months.

Comment

Working...