• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

How to delete a Thread/Post?

CWS accidentally made an empty thread - with nothing in it as Yogi would say. I tried to to delete it through the mod but that takes me to vBulletin page, and I have to sign in to do that, which I did. CWS sent me a message with the "error" about it. But I don't see how to delete the thread. There is a place that I think I can place it into moderation, but I haven't tried that. here is the link: http://www.sawdustzone.org/special/v...ssages/826109- For me it is showing up as a "thread" in the forum, but the title makes it look like a "message". There is nothing in it.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Hank,

Thank you... I had tried to send you a private message regarding your quest for a router dado jig, but it somehow popped up as a new subject... I attempted to delete that, but found no way to do that after several attempts. So, the next best thing was to simply edit out the content and state that it was in error.

Surely there must be a simple way for the originator to delete such posts, but perhaps it is something by which one has to engage the moderator.

Thanks,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

CWS, I guess you could go in the empty text box and click edit and post a new thread?

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

You should have the ability to delete your own posts, but since it is empty, it is now a topic with no posts. So there is no post to select and delete. I've seen one other of these since the upgrade. the topic can be deleted, but I want to make a copy of the database to the development system and try it there to make sure it doesn't delete something else since it isn't linked in the database correctly at the moment. I'll make a backup of the database and refresh the development site tonight.
        Chr's

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

I'll have to look into this. It might be a permissions issue. I know Admins can delete.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Deleting the topic in the development site didn't seem to have any ill effects so I soft deleted here. I'll dig through the moderator permissions when I get a chance but it's month end close so it won't be until next week sometime.
            Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Are non-admins allowed to delete their own posts? I just noticed I have a duplicate post and want to delete it but don't see the option.

Mods, please delete the extra Berea, KY post in the Coffee Pot, please.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

Members formerly had permissions to delete their own topics as long as there were no replies. I'll try to look at the current settings as this is a feature I'm good with turning on.

twistsol I have been for years hard deleting double posts and other unwanted posts.
                Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...