X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonmulzer
    • Dec 2007
    • Indianapolis, IN

What happened?

Things were painfully slow for a while and I received a database error last night like when the forum went down last time. Equipment malfunction? Any update on when we are getting moved to the new server?
    "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Bet it was weather related, probably power outage. You guys east of the Missisippi have been having some real bad weather. Sam probably had a power outage and it took awhile to reboot the server.

Tom

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by TB Roye
      Bet it was weather related, probably power outage. You guys east of the Missisippi have been having some real bad weather. Sam probably had a power outage and it took awhile to reboot the server.

Tom
      Not likely, the server was still responding (i.e. it was not a 404 error, site not found which is what you get if the server is offline) but it was a VBulletin message (the software the forum runs) which said specifically that the database was corrupted. Thus the server was on but it said it was dazed and confused.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

That's right it said Database error, sounds like me sometime confused.

Tom

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

Hard drive filled up with log files. Apparently my autozip routing hung a few weeks back and it went unnoticed.
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• TheRic
            • Jun 2004
            • West Central Ohio
            • bt3100

I noticed people have posted early this AM, and afternoon. I finally got on a few minutes ago, tried it several times today, last time it errored out on me was about 20 minutes ago. Tried the refresh several times, and even cleared my cache this afternoon.

Last night I got kicked off in a middle of a post, well at least I can breath again.
            Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

Yeah, I've been trying off and on to get on all day. Finally made it. Whoopee!

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• kramer katt
                Established Member
                • Aug 2004
                • SO CAL, USA
                • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

forum problem

Boy you guys get a little jumpy when your out of touch here.
                I noticed also that the time stamp on current posts does not say "today" as before but the numeric date as in 3/9/2008 One day old still is "yesterday"
                Maybe there is a daylight savings bug going around
                kk
                Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...