• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I know I've posted twice in the thread about the search deficiency. And I promise not to do it again. I'm a fairly good searcher, I think, I once took a short seminar on how to search effectively and I can usually come up with inclusions that work.

Under the old forum I would frequently try to help people by refering them to a post in which the combination of elements they were concerned about had been discussed before - if I remembered reading about it. I think I was fairly successful at finding them and posting a link.

But with this search tool, I have thrown up my hands so many times already in defeat. SAW, BS, TS, SMT, MST, CMS, HF DC HD 2HP JET RAS TCG and probably 50 more are critical search terms in very widespread use where no one even spells them out. You usually get zero to one remaining terms and you get 500 hits which is impossible to sort thru.

Anyway, I can't find anything to help myself or anyone else now. The form posts are rich in knowledge but its becoming lost to me and anyone who searches using the built-in search.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jdschulteis
      Established Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

Sounds like vBulletin could use a feature where it would keep a list of words to index even though they are shorter than the minimum word length.
      Jerry

Comment

Working...