• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Useful little task light

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	293.0 KB ID:	858954
    This LED lamp with 12" gooseneck, I have three of them in my shop, one on the left end of my router fence, one on the left side of my drill press motor housing and one on the left side of the bandsaw.
    The provide a easily positionable, bright, close, very white light for task lighting of close-work tasks.

The vendor, FAJ, They have a lifetime warranty. I had one fail last week after 4 years, and I emailed the company and they promptly sent me a new one, only asking for the Amazon order number and my address, that's pretty good service.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACIFPYA...t_details&th=1

they also have a 60-LED model, brighter, I suppose?
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-21-2024, 09:07 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • jacobs
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2024

thats useful info , i like it !

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

When I purchased my Rikon bandsaw I fitted it with 3 of this type lights. I like a lot of light when it comes to my hands close to any sharp object. I figured it would be annoying trying to look around these lights (I’m 6’3” and shrinking) and would move one to another tool. Several years later and I seldom notice that the light head are in my vision, I guess my little brain processes it out of the picture.
      **note** the majority of my bandsaw usage is carving out Tiny Trees and Tiny Mushrooms and the logs I use are firewood size, so the blade guide and guard are raised 6”, 8” or 10” or more. Quite a bit of teeth showing here so all of my hand movements are slow and deliberate. Oh I so wish someone would manufacture a SawStop type bandsaw!

Comment

Working...