Thin (3/8") boards available anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daisie678 View Post
    I recently bought some wood pieces from online stores Tv Lift Cabinet and Elecwish, you can check out both websites I hope you will find a wood piece from there, and you can get more than 25% additional discount by using Coupon Codest discount code.
    Thanks. My local HD and Lowes does not have the thin boards in 4 inches or wider. I am going to my daughter's in Missouri in three weeks and they have several Menards close by. I know they have the thin wide boards, and I will probably purchase some there. I am going to check out the two places you mentioned.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

while at Home Depot yesterday, I browsed the lumber aisle and saw they had an extensive collection of 1/4" and 1/2" inch thick clear poplar in 2 and 4 foot lengths.
      Widths of 2, 3,4, 6" but those are dimensional inches I believe, where 6" is really 5.5 and 4" is 3.5.
      The 1/2 seemed to be in good shape, the 1/4" thick a lot of it was visibly warped so I think even the flat looking pieces may not be totally flat.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

As bad as thin wood is prone to warp I am really blown away by any retailer willing to stock it!

Comment

I wrote elsewhere in the forum that I had practiced re-sawing with scrap cedar fence boards, and then surfacing them. It's a fun skill builder, if you have the tools, and turns out great results for less than $5 for Kiln Dried. The soaking wet cedar may be less
          I turned the 1/4 " thick wood into Click image for larger version

Name:	SpiceRack_1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	843466spice racks that slide in and out of the kitchen cabinet for easier access.

Comment

Originally posted by d_meister View Post
            I wrote elsewhere in the forum that I had practiced re-sawing with scrap cedar fence boards, and then surfacing them. It's a fun skill builder, if you have the tools, and turns out great results for less than $5 for Kiln Dried. The soaking wet cedar may be less
            I turned the 1/4 " thick wood into Click image for larger version

Name:	SpiceRack_1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	843466spice racks that slide in and out of the kitchen cabinet for easier access.
            THAT is nice and you made the boards! Well Done!
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...
            X