• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

I’d go with red US General boxes...... that way you can put your red Stanley Proto box on top of the 2 new boxes. That puts you just a shade taller than 7 feet tall and won’t regret selling it later. You will eventually fill it up.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by capncarl
      I’d go with red US General boxes...... that way you can put your red Stanley Proto box on top of the 2 new boxes. That puts you just a shade taller than 7 feet tall and won’t regret selling it later. You will eventually fill it up.
      You must be referring to me. The Proto box was part of the tool kit I got in Tech school when I went.

There is some discussion with my wife on this regard. The problem I am having is that the garage is the workshop, and holds all of my tools, woodworking, automotive, plubming, electrical, etc...

Since both my Dads passing as well as my father in laws last year, we are working with the rest of the family to settle the related estates, and once that is done, and the HOA waiver is approved (in process with strong indicators they will approve as submitted) the wood shop will be moved to a 16x20 gambrel roof shed at the back corner of the property. Our biggest issue is utility easement. in the spot we want to go. There is ONE cable running underground from the distribution to the house that will cause a permitting problem. It is the cable for the phone line. Yeah landline, like I am ever going to use that again... We need to work with the phone company I.E. pay them, to move the line...

I hadn't even considered this when posting before. I probably should keep the Craftsman bottom, and the Proto top boxes and use them in the wood shop, use the mechanics / electrical / plumbing tools in the larger box...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...