• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

A buddy had his MC shop sprayed. Color can be added to the mix to help with the appearance some. It does help with the noise level.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Curly Qsawn
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2004
      • Woodbridge, VA, USA.

Nice job! I'll assume you checked 84 Lumber and Lowes in Springfield for the foam. A nice area to live. I grew up in Clarksville a long long time ago.

Comment

• Eric
        • Jun 2003
        • Cocolalla, ID
        • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Not to complain or anything, but I think I liked the March 2004 pictures better than the October 2004 pics for a wood shop. Looks like you're working backwards.

Assuming that you posted the dates wrong, looks like you're going to have a super nice shop.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Nice shop, wish mine were as big. My only consolation is my shop (10 x12) is bigger the Scott Peterson's new home and has heat, A/C, three windows a door and a deck. And I have the key to the door lock.

Tom

Comment

• DUD
            Royal Jester
            • Dec 2002
            • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

John That is a very nice shop. I don't have room for my lathe as it needs a motor, but I would make room for Yours. Bill
            5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• ExYankee
              Established Member
              • Mar 2005
              • Pleasant View, Tn.
              • BT3100-frankensaw

nice catch on the 2004/2005 dates eric. Thanks for the tip Curly, I 've never been to a 84 lumber, the Lowes only had 1/2" foam
              John Dyer
              ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.

Comment

• kwgeorge
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Alvin, TX, USA.

I like several others am very jealous of your extremely large shop. I would so love to have a nice workbench approachable from all sides setup for assembly and such. Right now I use my BT3K with a piece of MDF on it as my assembly area. What you have done looks great to me.

On the Yankee comment, when I was about 16 I moved to southern Alabama where I learned the difference between a Yankee and a **** Yankee. A Yankee is a northern born person who visits the south while a **** Yankee is one who stays!

Comment

• DaveinFloweryBranchGA
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2004
                  • Flowery Branch, Georgia, USA.

Another option for the ceiling, assuming it's just rafters, is to put up either a flat ceiling using wallboard and spray your own insulation using that stuff from the BORG or save a bit of money and just put the wallboard over the rafters and cut inside. Depending on wether the rafts are 2 x 6 or 2 x 4, the insulation value would be significant and I think the spray in stuff from the BORG is pretty cheap.
                  Dave in Flowery Branch, GA

Comment

• ExYankee
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2005
                    • Pleasant View, Tn.
                    • BT3100-frankensaw

The rafters are 2x6 but on 32" centers so I would have to add one between each pair. Plus I cant see any way to do sheetrock by myself. I guess its worth a look at getting a contractor in, it may come out under the $1700, One other option is to do only the roof in the foam. I am leaning to the foam because it adds strength to the struce and will see the odd roof leaks. I am also a bit concerned about critters getting into the blown insulation.
                    John Dyer
                    ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.

Comment

• ExYankee
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • Pleasant View, Tn.
                      • BT3100-frankensaw

Heres a 'before' shot of the roof to give you an idea of the framing

John Dyer
                      ExYankee Workshop...

Comment

• BobSch
                        • Aug 2004
                        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                        • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by ExYankee

The rafters are 2x6 but on 32" centers so I would have to add one between each pair. Plus I cant see any way to do sheetrock by myself. I guess its worth a look at getting a contractor in, it may come out under the $1700, One other option is to do only the roof in the foam. I am leaning to the foam because it adds strength to the struce and will see the odd roof leaks. I am also a bit concerned about critters getting into the blown insulation.
                        As far as sheetrocking by yourself, many places around here rent sheetrock jacks — just a tilting frame on a verticle jack. Wrestle the sheet up on it and crank it up to the cieling. The jack will hold the sheet in place until you're done screwing around
                        Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...