• BT3000

Color me envious. Nice!
    JR

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

Nice shop. We're getting ready to move (new wife is not fond of house built for late wife) and my need for shop space is a major limitation. I may have to move and then build. If so, it will be a long time until I am similarly situated.

Jim

Comment

• wardprobst
        • Jan 2006
        • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
        • Craftsman 22811

Nice space and good layout, hope you enjoy. Hope your parents have continued good health.
        DP
        www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

That is kick a$$ :-) Good for you! and a hearty you suck. As soon as I finish up my supplemental jobs this year - three bathroom remodels and 1 kitchen, I am heading right back into the shop to get back to organizing and building shop stuff... can't wait!! Your pictures are insipiring!! What do you want to build first in the new shop??
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Thanks for all the kind words. This was a labor of love and working on my shop was my best form of relaxation for the past two years. Seeing it through to completion has been a rush. I believe you can handle any amount of stress as long as you balance physical stress with mental stress. People think I'm a workaholic for doing this on weekends after a full week's work. They just don't get it.

I still have quite a punch list for shop items to get done that I'm guessing will take me to the end of the year. My first actual project will be a set of bookcases, credenza, and TV stand for my office. I drew out the plans in Visio a few weeks ago and ran the materials through Cutlist to figure out what I'll need. I can't wait to get started, but made a promise to myself that I wouldn't start that project until the punch list is complete.

The drum sander is everything they tell you it is at the wood show. Bought it about three years ago from stockroom supply. The plans were perfect, and really quite simple. I did need to modify the size of the mounting board for the motor but they were otherwise spot on. It only took about two hours to build once I got started on it and the only tricky part was getting the drum flush and parallel to the top.
            Chr's

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Very, very nice layout and very well-equipped. Congrats!
              Richard

Comment

• gerti
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
                • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Great shop, looks like you had a lot of fun building it! I'd love to have that one in my backyard.

Comment

• jabe
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Hilo, Hawaii
                  • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Great shop!!!! Good job!!!!

Comment

Working...