• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

rehanging 10" miter saw

i presently hang my 10" miter saw on the wall when not in use in this configuration. anyone hang a miter saw the other way, with the pivot point down as opposed to up as shown in this pic (the pivot point is the little blue nob just above the coiled power cord):
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I would think you would want the pivot up instead of down so that gravity is working with it, instead of against... But what do I know?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

i used to put mine on a shelf but I use it so much I keep it set up on a DIY miter saw bench. It has a T-track running down the length. The saw, rollers, and stop blocks slide and lock on the T-track.

Some where there's a post on this:
      This forum is for discussions about any and all power tools. Whether you are looking to buy a new tool or you have a question about the usage of a tool, this is the place to be!
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

If yours has a locking mechanism, I shouldn't think it would matter.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
          If yours has a locking mechanism, I shouldn't think it would matter.
          +1 (10 characters)

Comment

• toolguy1000
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • westchester cnty, ny

switching how it's hung may be necesary to accomodate the 12" drill press which replaced my 10" drill press. hanging it so the motor is to the left (when hung) as opposed to the right (as it's presently configured), will free up space for the larger head assembly of the new DP in the area in which the DP resides. it has a locking mechanism, just a bit concerned about the constant pull of gravity on the locking pin (the little blue nob mentined in the opening post).
            there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Is there anymore vertical space above it?
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LarryG
                The Full Monte
                • May 2004
                • Off The Back
                • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by toolguy1000
                it has a locking mechanism, just a bit concerned about the constant pull of gravity on the locking pin (the little blue nob mentined in the opening post).
                Your saw appears to be a Delta, very similar to mine (36-255L), including the locking mechanism. I can't imagine there would be a problem if you hung the saw the other way; or even if you hung it from the rafters, upside down. There's a hardened steel pin that fits into a hole, and once the spring pressure is applied, the amount of movement possible is minimal. But if you're really concerned, you could always loop a bungee cord though the handle on the head, down and around the miter lock knob.
                Last edited by LarryG; 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM.
                Larry

Comment

• jnesmith
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

I agree with Larry. I used to have that saw (or at least one with the same locking mechanism), and would not have thought twice about hanging it the other way.
                  John

Comment

Working...