• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

If the jointer, and planer are working fine, don't mess with replacing them... I doubt you are going to edge joint 6" thick material, and face jointing wider stock can be done with a sled in that planer like I mentioned above... Admittedly the HF planer wasn't on my shopping list, but I haven't heard anyone scream about them either...

So let's see what equipment you have listed here...

Grizzly G1023SL w Incra fence & rails.... No worries there.
    Rockwell 4" jointer. A bit on the narrow side, but workable.
    HF 12.5" planer. If it works well don't bother upgrading.
    Drill Press.
    Dust Collector

Depending on what type of work you do, there are a bunch of power tools missing off your list... A band saw, lathe, bench grinder, and oscillating sander spring to mind, as does a wide drum thickness, OR a V sander. And of course the hand held stuff. I assume you have some of, but not sure... A good listing would be something along the lines of...

Circular Saw
    Jig Saw
    Router (Fixed and plunge bases, 1/4 and 1/2" collet capacity).
    Drill / Driver
    Sanders
    Biscuit Joiner

Without knowing what else is in your arsenal, it would be hard to say what should be next... But if it were me, I would aim for a band saw...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jabe
      • Apr 2006
      • Hilo, Hawaii
      • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Build the shop first, but plan it for the future machinery you'll be putting in. Prioritize your machine/tools purchase to what kind of projects you'll be building. If you do sell your products or services, include the cost & use of your machines in the price. Of course if the machine is costly, charge a fraction of the cost on each job or product so you don't price yourself out of the market. You seem to have alot of the basic machinery right now so unless it breaks or you sell it I would not buy something I already have.

Comment

• BrazosJake
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Benbrook, TX.
        • Emerson-built Craftsman

Originally posted by abbi'sdad
        Ok for christmas my wife bought me a really nice grizzly cabinet saw.
        Whatever SHE wants.

Comment

• abbi'sdad
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2007
          • Texas
          • BT3000

Yes rad the drawers r on the mobile base with the saw. As far as the tools yes I have a lathe benchgrinder and most hand power tools u listed I was thinking of prolly a bandsaw and upgrading the planer. The HF planer gets on my nerves almost every time I use it. But it works for now but I thought maybe a drum sander.

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
            • Dec 2005
            • Russell, NY, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

No one has mentioned a morticer? (sp), but as a tool to add to a good already selection I would find this a very useful tool.
            RuffSawn
            Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

Working...