X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garasaki
    • Sep 2006

HF DC - 220 v??

Hi all,

Finally managed to get myself a dust collector - the infamous HF DC (After over 3 years of looking for a better deal...).

One question though - I was under the impression the motor could be rewired for 220v operation but now I can't find any information on how to do it.

Has anyone out there switched their HF DC over to 220v operation?
    -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
    -Henry Blake
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

This same question was posed at SMC about a month ago. The consensus there was no, the motor on this particular DC is not capable of 220V operation.

However there are a couple of different models of Harbor Freight 2HP DC. And everyone was addressing the 30 micron bag equipped model I believe. If you have the one that came with the 5 micron bag I believe the motor is different and MAY be capable of 220V. HOWEVER, there is NOTHING in the manual that shows this so I doubt it.

Good luck, and let us know for sure!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

there's no option for 220V on those 2 HP HF DC's
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Garasaki
        • Sep 2006

Ahh ok bummer.

Yeah I have the "new" one with the 5 micron bags standard.

I was hoping to run it on 220 volt but I guess, push come to shove, it dosen't matter. I have a breaker and an outlet to return now though
        -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
        -Henry Blake

Comment

Working...