• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

If you own a plunge router, my Step-and-Repeat Hole Jig provides a quick and easy way to drill a row of holes. It's not limited to any fixed length, and takes hardly any room to store. Different sized holes are achieved by using a different size router bit (and indexing pin to match), with no loss of accuracy in their spacing.

One limitation of this version of my jig is that the holes will always be the same, fixed distance from the edge of the panel. If that's a problem, the base plate can be made larger and the fence provided with slots for adjustment -- something I intend to do if I ever build another one of these. Nine times out of 10 the standard setback works fine, but once in a while a different dimension is desired.
    Last edited by LarryG; 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: left out something
    Larry

Comment

• wannabee
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2007
      • USA,FL

again thank you for all the great ideas..I am going to try them all.
      I am going to make the router jig also and try the pegboard too..is there a reason for not liking the 5mm pegs other than maybe strength..right now I want to get the pencil marks off my current project and then start my next set of cabinets and will use all the new ways to make the pin holes.thanks again for all the help

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Have you tried "Goof Off"?

Comment

• eezlock
          • Feb 2006
          • Charlotte,N.C.
          • BT3100

pencil lines on painted surfaces

I ran into this very same thing last week, and a dampened sponge removed them, no traces of the pencil lines left behind, no damage to the customer's paint either!

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Damp sponge / cloth always works for me...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jabe
              • Apr 2006
              • Hilo, Hawaii
              • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

I use "Awesome" to remove my pencil marks, spray it on let it sit 2 min. then wipe off. You can buy it at most "Dollar Stores".
              As others mentioned, make a jig with 1/4" masonite or plywd. You can drill whatever size hole for your application. I used to do it with a jig but now I have a Blum minipress that drill 7 holes at once, it's Awesome.

Comment

Working...