• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Check these older threads out, very good details, particularly from Larry (above) :

My 4" S&D DC Piping System (12 pics)

Harbor Freight Dust Collector 5" Hose
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LarryG
      I generally agree with Dave (dbhost) about closing unused gates, however this will depend on the size of the port on the tool. My cabinet saw, CMS, and OS/B sander all have 2-1/4" ports, and when using any of those I have to open a second, same-sized gate in order to let the DC breathe adequately. (The cabinet saw actually has a 4" port, but the internal hose that connects it to the blade shroud is only 2-1/4", and that controls how much air can flow.
      Cool, I made my point and someone got it... Seriously though. My point was more along the lines of making sure you don't say try running a 4" system, and leave several 4" gates open at the same time, it kind of kills everything, at least on my 2.5" system it did. (NOW I know why there was a 2" deep pile of sawdust on the bandsaw!)

I guess I gotta get back on the short bus huh?
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...