• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
    I really have to kick myself for not cumming up with a more complicated way to store table saw blades. I just slip them back into the package they came in and slip them back on the shelf, on edge like a magazine. I have one sturdy wood thing that I use when I send a blade out for sharpening it holds one or two blades and can serve as a shipping container.
    Aren't they hard to visit and play with when they're all tucked away in the original packages like that?
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Originally posted by Knottscott
      Aren't they hard to visit and play with when they're all tucked away in the original packages like that?
      There is a joke about playing with your tools but this is a family sort of board.... Speaking of hard to play, saw on TV that you folks have had 10 feet of snow. I kind of miss snow but not that much snow.

Where I live we have a real problem with rust, I spray almost everything before putting it away. The original packaging often helps to keep the moisture away and it keeps me from damaging them too.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast, where it's raining again

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Bill,

Are you anywhere near Newport? I remember going to Mo's on the wharf and seeing all the rotted out cars. Coming from the valley that kind of blew me away...

I should mention on my current blade storage problem. The Freud Diablo blades do not come in any sort of packaging as it were. THe cabide is wrapped in a heavy duty plastic sort of thing, the rest is fully exposed, with a UPC sticker stuck on the back of the blade... Lousy packaging, really nice blade for the $$ spent. I am very partial to the 40T General Purpose blade. I rarely swap to the cross cutter...
        Last edited by dbhost; 02-08-2009, 10:20 PM.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
          There is a joke about playing with your tools but this is a family sort of board.... Speaking of hard to play, saw on TV that you folks have had 10 feet of snow. I kind of miss snow but not that much snow.

Where I live we have a real problem with rust, I spray almost everything before putting it away. The original packaging often helps to keep the moisture away and it keeps me from damaging them too.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast, where it's raining again
          I don't know what the total snow fall has been this year, but it started early and has come often.....just a good old fashioned winter here. Enjoy your sun...we're supposed to get a little sunshine tomorrow!
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
            Bill,

Are you anywhere near Newport? I remember going to Mo's on the wharf and seeing all the rotted out cars. Coming from the valley that kind of blew me away...
            Newport is a nice place and when there one has to visit Mo's. The salt air, salt fog, salt rain and I swear sometimes it's a salt sun seems to get the salt into everything. Can't grow tomatoes here because of the salt, and that is strange as everyone know that salt goes with tomatoes

I live just above the Cal. line about 10 miles. It's a little mill town and while the mill is still shipping 2 by and plywood it's down to 2 shifts.

Originally posted by dbhost
            I should mention on my current blade storage problem. The Freud Diablo blades do not come in any sort of packaging as it were. THe cabide is wrapped in a heavy duty plastic sort of thing, the rest is fully exposed, with a UPC sticker stuck on the back of the blade... Lousy packaging, really nice blade for the $$ spent. I am very partial to the 40T General Purpose blade. I rarely swap to the cross cutter...
            I have purchased a number of blades from HF. The blade is not the best and the package sometimes last longer. So my Freud blade is in a HF package and the Freud package, a hard plastic thing, holds something else. They rotate and I am not particular as to where which is. In a previous life I had made cards out of 1/4 ply that held the blade and then slipped into and industrial zip loc type of bag.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast

Comment

• tribalwind
              • Feb 2004
              • long island, ny.

i dont tend to switch out TS blades that often,so i just keep em in the original boxes in a cabinet..

i Love the bandsaw blade storage idea! im going to try that on my roof joists somehow,,.most of them i like to coil into a circl and hangbut my carbide resaw blade i cannot coil and so i end up pushing it up between 2 roof joists where it stays "friction fitted"
              namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

Working...