Smallish yard, shed workshop pics / ideas please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Hmmm.

What they don't know...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BobSch
      • Aug 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

Just find a corner for a shovel or two. And if someone from the HOA stops by — USE IT!
      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by BobSch
        Just find a corner for a shovel or two. And if someone from the HOA stops by — USE IT!
        Hmmm. Well... I CAN keep a couple of lawn goodies in there...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Okay, Now I KNOW I hate my HOA...

Foundation Size Limit. 12ftx10ft
          Height Limit 10ft
          Must color and style match main structure (how the heck am I going to style match a 10' tall shed with a house with a hip roof?). I.E. siding, shingles, trim etc... must match.
          Must be approved by Architectural Control Committee
          Must be used ONLY as tool storage OR a children's play house.

CHANGE since 2005 when I last looked at it.

MAY be on either skids, or a poured slab foundation. (okay one good thing).

I CAN "Bump Out" storage boxes to the exterior of the structure, so If I absolutely need to, I can store hoses, shovels, and the like externally to buy back inside space.

I CAN attach a shed to the main building, again it must be approved by the ACC.

Have I mentioned I hate my HOA?

I think I am going to pour time, energy and funds into finishing this house back to perfect, or as close as possible, putting it on the market once the market comes back up, and getting OUT of this area...

So I am stuck with workshop in the garage, for now. HOWEVER, with house #2, I am not going to settle for what the other person wants and give up my desires. Nice thing is, LOML has given me an enthusiastic thumbs up for a shed / shop like the one Larry L has set up... That kind of eliminates the space problem factor...
          Last edited by dbhost; 07-23-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
            • Nov 2004
            • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
            • Delta Contractor Saw

I didn't read the small print in the convenants either. I can't have a shed of any kind regardless of size.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Yeah, this sucks. I got the plans, and a great deal on lumber / Hardipanel for the new shed, and NOW I start going over the fine print on the C&R as well as building code...

On the plus side, we are more than 50% done on the home improvement projects, and set to be complete within another year and a half, by which time we are hoping to see a strong real estate market back up so we can get a good price on the house. If not, we will double / triple up on Mortgage payments to clear this one out, and then rent it...

LOML and I have our eyes on a specific piece of land near Fulshear TX, which is just west of Katy.

Most of the jobs in my field are along the Katy Freeway area (I-10 between I-610 and Katy), and the pay is MUCH better over in that area...

The place we want is family owned, so we are not worried about it selling out from under us... And we may be able to work a deal on real estate for real estate with the owner. Houses are relatively similar in size / specs, but the land on the other place is SUBSTANTIALLY larger (11.5 acres I think it is)... I can always add on to the house and shop...

Comment

Working...