A quick and simple Queen Size headboard for roller frame bed. Need applique ideas...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

A quick and simple Queen Size headboard for roller frame bed. Need applique ideas...

So our guest bedroom has a queen sized bed, and it is using one of those collapsible roller bed frames, that is sufficient for the purpose, but... Okay they are crap.

Anyway The thought occurred to me to maybe make a headboard for it, using 2x4s which I need, and pine bead board that I have way too much of as I massively overestimated how much bead board the wainscotting in the guest bath would use...

My idea is more than a bit lunky but bear with me...

2x4s jointed and planed to an actual 1x3, making verticals all the way, and 2 cross rails, one just below the top of the mattress, and one at maybe 18" above that. The uprights I am thinking about capping with a simulated pyramid finnial, Bead board filling the inset via a rabbet on the back side, and a panel in the middle for a design feature, either a heart, or maybe since we have a lot of Texas theme going on here, a star...

Looking to basically make something useful that would gobble up stuff we have wasting space in the shop, OR inexpensive materials.

Finish would be gloss white enamel paint that I will intentionally distress for a more rustic look...

I am thinking the star would probably look better, but I have never done a segmented star before.

Does anyone have any pointers for making hte segments and insuring the miters are good and accurate?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Did you try and google

5-point segmented star woodworking
    https://www.google.com/search?q=5-po...client=gws-wiz

Does it need to be an applique? How about just a hole. No complex miters.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	star cutout P1250102.jpg Views:	2 Size:	157.7 KB ID:	850390
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-29-2022, 02:31 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

How fancy do you want? Here is a beginning point. Look at the list on the left and choose that room/location in the Amazon list of appliqués.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I just did some googling on the subject, and after looking at Lorings suggestion, I think the negative image of that... I.E. just do a scroll saw star, overlaid onto a circular background ....

I think I have an idea now...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...