X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FuryRoad
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2016
    • Atlanta, ga

Which craftsman is decent for around $200?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

$200 is not going to get you much saw. There is probably nothing on the market that compares with the Bt3 for less than $500.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by FuryRoad
        Which craftsman is decent for around $200?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
        Used, full size contractor saw with a belt drive induction motor. Look for one with the better Exacta-cut or Align-rip fence.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Doctor Jeff
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2016
          • Omaha NE
          • Sawstop contractor saw 2016

I had a BT3000 for about a decade, but got a SawStop about 2 years ago. Absolutely love it.

High quality, very accurate. And best of all no lost fingers. (I did set off the brake by accident, cutting through some particle board that had—unknown to me—an aluminum foil liner on the other side.)

I won’t mince words. If you are a woodworker and value your digits, get a SawStop. Worth every penny.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

Doctor Jeff....... this is an 8 year old post, but one that gets discussed often. Saw Stop has also been discussed and trash talked quite bit also. It seems that it’s inventor/lawyer person and their antics to make all saw manufacturers incorporate their technology didn’t sit well for people with morals and ethics. Now that’s in the past and the Saw Stop has a place in the market and doesn’t seem to be a danger of putting all conventional saws out of business. The first chance I get I will probably replace my Powermatic 64 table saw with a Contractor Saw Stop. They are probably of equal value and quality. The selling point for me is the safety feature. One bo-bo with the blade could likely cost you more money than the new saw cost. Trying to buy the best cheapest saw isn’t always the cheapest way.
            capncarl

Comment

• Wedic1
              Forum Newbie
              • May 2021
              • USA
              • Bosch table saw GTS1031

Check some reviews in deep, Because there were many attractive features available, It's depending on all your requirements!

Comment

• Wedic1
                Forum Newbie
                • May 2021
                • USA
                • Bosch table saw GTS1031

Originally posted by Bob Crosley
                I'm a former BT owner who sold most of my tools when moving across country a few years ago, and am looking to get back into woodworking.

Budgets, and space are limited (aren't they always?) so I'm looking for the current 'best value in a table saw.' Basically, I'm looking for the saw that filled the whole the BT3K used to fill.

I know a used BT is always an option, but am worried about parts availability, etc.

What recommendations does everyone have?
                I recently bought a new Bosch table saw GTS1031 and it's giving high performance results, When I was new in this market I got little bit confused to select good in my budget. After taking reviews I realized that I did select the best table saw with 15 amp motor, 5000 RPM and outstanding cut size! I got full reviews before step to market!

Comment

Working...