• Show
Clear All
  • GrumpyDad
    Established Member
    • Jul 2020
    • Midwest
    • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Bt3100-1

Strange how things play out... Got a call from a Scouting parent saying that they needed to be rid of a table saw and heard I might be interested. Looks as if it may need work to clean it, as I see paint spilled. Owner says he may have other parts in a box and will be locating before I pickup this week.

Harumph I say!
    Grumpydad
    Last edited by GrumpyDad; 12-25-2021, 12:09 AM.
    Harumpf!
    GrumpyDad
  • GrumpyDad
    Established Member
    • Jul 2020
    • Midwest

Picked up the saw Monday night. The previous owner used it as a workbench when he assembled and painted his projects it would appear. I also do not believe he understood how the fence locking mechanism acted against the rear rail. Fence was not seated properly and the mechanism was badly adjusted.

Saw also did not have the fixed miter slot insert that sat parallel to the blade. The gentlemen men said it did not come with it upon purchase[?]

Tearing it down to clean and inspect.

Harumpf I say!
    Grumpydad
    Harumpf!
    GrumpyDad

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dual Miter slot insert was not standard with the saw. It came as part of an optional $100 accessory kit. At one time I think they were giving them away as a promotion for the saw but it wasn't for long.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Hopefully you can get that restored to proper working order. I bought my BT3100-1 in 2005 when it was on clearance for about $250, IIRC.

The "fixed miter slot" table was never part of the original saw, but was sold as part of the optional "8-piece BT3 Kit" for something like $100. It consisted of the "dual miter slot" table, a hold-down clamp for the SMT fence, a set of two wheels which fasten to the legs, a fence and other hardware for using a router on the left-side table (the one with the hole in it), a couple of zero insert plates, a dado clearance plate, and a dust bag and elbow for the dust port.

That accessory kit was available from Home Depot for several years after the BT3100-1 was discontinued. There may have been some other small items that I am forgetting. I've used the twin-miter slot table and the zero clearance plates, but not much else. I still have the box if you want to know more information about the BT3 Kit.

I also have the original sales flyer featuring the BT3100-1 and the options that were available to it originally. Unfortunately, even in 2005 I couldn't find any of those except the "Kit".

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Dustinrh
          Handtools only
          • Jun 2013

Have you decided whether you are parting it out or putting it on eBay? I could use the rails if they are available.

Comment

• GrumpyDad
            Established Member
            • Jul 2020
            • Midwest

Parting. Currently deep in a remodel. Going to be a bit before I can get to it.
            Harumpf!
            GrumpyDad

Comment

• The Dude
              Handtools only
              • Oct 2018

Have a question on the miter slot adapter. I know it has two bolts to hold it on, but does it get shimmed up? I found mine That never installed from the kit and it seems to be a hair lower than the table.

Comment

• twistsol
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

If I remember correctly, mine came with (or I found and used) a stack of clear plastic sticky backed shims to get it to be at the exact height of the table.
                Chr's

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

Regarding the shimming on the miter slot table, I too had to do that. Years ago (more like decades) I bought one of those Craftsman 40-draw plastic hardware storage cabinets and it came with dozens of drawer dividers. I just used one of them, with some adhesive transfer tape to shim the miter slot table up to level.

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Mpommier
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Nevada, Mo
                    • BT3000

If you still have it, is be interested in the rip fence.

Comment

Working...