X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rustic&Stuff
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2019

Parts..parts... parts

Hi all, Just joined this forum. I have had my BT3 since working for Ryobi back in 92' when the saw was sold into Home depot. I started a small woodworking business and decided it was time to upgrade to an old school Craftsman or Delta saw. I bought a Craftsman for $250 and after setting it up, I decided I didn't like the size, the feel or the mess (no dust collection) I then decided to see if I could refresh my BT3 and was surprised at the amount of parts that are still floating around (the most needed are impossible to find) my main problem was that my fence wouldnt lock on the top side and that was due to a worn ecentric roller handle holder. There is a custome made unit on ebay, but its $38 and that seems high so I bought a used saw and parted it out. I found some stuff on Ebay, toolparts direct and eReplacement parts. Is there anywhere else to find parts? After buying the saw, I found that I did indeed have another rip fence in my shed so I have 3 in all and trying to get them all working. I will be selling at least 1 and a T slot for standard miter fences and have no idea how to price either one as there are none for sale? Thought? Thanks!
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Getting some parts is hard to do now, except when someone decides to part one out, which is about once every 5 to 6 months now. I have a custom made (aluminum) fence end and it works well. It was expensive but it works well.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Rustic&Stuff
      Handtools only
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by leehljp
      Getting some parts is hard to do now, except when someone decides to part one out, which is about once every 5 to 6 months now. I have a custom made (aluminum) fence end and it works well. It was expensive but it works well.
      A custom made fence....wow that must be nice. I have a friend that designs jeep parts and he told me to send him parts that need replicating like the roller and he would see what he can do. If I thought there was a need I would have him make more....its hard to tell if the remaining BT3 owners are almost a dying breed or will continue on. Heck i was surprised to even find this forum,,,

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Rustic&Stuff

A custom made fence....wow that must be nice. I have a friend that designs jeep parts and he told me to send him parts that need replicating like the roller and he would see what he can do. If I thought there was a need I would have him make more....its hard to tell if the remaining BT3 owners are almost a dying breed or will continue on. Heck i was surprised to even find this forum,,,
        Actually that is the fence END block that holds the roller and lock.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Rustic&Stuff
          Handtools only
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by leehljp

Actually that is the fence END block that holds the roller and lock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-BT300...gAAOSwCx5bKm88
          My bad, I didnt see end and thought you had a whole new fence. Yep, I started to buy that one and opted for the one with the other parts included because I need them for another fence. Any idea what a complete fence is worth? I dont know if I am wasting my time putting them together. I would have to guess about $120 or so. The accessory tables are over $60 each and since I am not using the sliding miter table, I needed some additional table surface space. Thx for the responses.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

There were allegedly more than 100,000 BT3s made and sold of the various incarnations (BT3100, BT3000 and the various Sears versions. So I reckon there's a lot of parts sitting out there somewhere.
            I replaced the rear block of my rip fence with one of the aftermarket machined ones so it will never break again. I have a plastic one that still has life if someone needs one.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...