• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GsWood
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2019

WTB : Dual Miter Slot Tray (2x)

Hey all,
    I just bought a BT3000 and I'm looking for 2 Dual Miter Slot trays -- Part # 4060310. If anyone has one (or 2) they want to sell or know of a place to purchase, let me know.

Thanks
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

They are hard to come by and the only one on eBay at this time is a little high:
    Get the best deals for Ryobi BT3000 miter slot at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

An alternative is to buy some miter slot T Tracks like this:

Several people used 3/4 plywood and made their own. I'm about 500 miles from home at the moment to check, but I think there is enough space to double stack two pieces of 3/4 ply and make a groove in the top one for the T-Track. The aluminum T Slot mounts onto the base and the plywood one can do the same.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Making you own like Hank Lee (leehljp) suggests may be more expeditious and cheaper and work just as well. It is not hard, using purchased aluminum miter tracks and you can even get the T-track miter that captures the miter bar or get the combination miter slot and parallel standard T-track for hold downs such as fingerboards and hold downs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2_Mounted_left_and_Right_Dual_Miter_table_Extras.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	837457Click image for larger version

Name:	a86c64911f441002c5ee4f4c528d23bd--ryobi-bt-extension.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	837460
      Click image for larger version

Name:	e5a702da8972535eece8be6b79c95476.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	837459
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-01-2019, 10:51 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• GsWood
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2019

Hey guys,
        Thanks for your replies ...looks like a great option to the OEM miter slot.
        Curious to how those wood frame are attached to the front and back rails ?? Maybe with some type of clamps so they can be easily moved ??
        Anyone have pictures showing the mounts ??

Thanks again for your help ...

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by GsWood
          Hey guys,
          Thanks for your replies ...looks like a great option to the OEM miter slot.
          Curious to how those wood frame are attached to the front and back rails ?? Maybe with some type of clamps so they can be easily moved ??
          Anyone have pictures showing the mounts ??

Thanks again for your help ...
          In the top photo, in the open ends of the miter slot extruded aluminum, you can see the screws that hold it on - and they go through a hole in the top. That pict shows the attachment that is a little different than mine. Both work fine IMO. In the first pict,, it looks like the extruded aluminum is bolted onto a flange or
          "L" snapped bracket or flat piece of metal that is somehow (screws) attached to the frame of the saw. The saw frame can be seen on the front and back and is sticking out on both side, in the front and back. On MY saw, I bolted the extruded aluminum onto the Frame in the front, but it looks like the one in that pict is a little forward of what mine is. But it doesn't really matter, as long as it is firmly attached.

As To the Wood Miter Slots. I think they are attached by using a screw on the front and back (after making sure it will be level with the saw top surface) and THEN screwing or gluing the miter slot onto the wood.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

The other thing to consider is that the way this saw is made, the blade and motor assembly is Not necessarily set square or aligned to the table top and ribs,
            So you are going to have to be able to align your miter slots after installation to the actual blade, for proper usage. This means you need to build some adjustment into the slots and then lock them in place once set.

It is an idiosyncrasy of the saw.

Also note that the miter slots are attached to the steel frame members of the main housing, not the sliding rails at the front and back. These should be left adjustable right and left and also clear for moving various attachments.
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-03-2019, 03:51 AM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...