• Show
Clear All
  • mmcduffie
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Des Moines, Washington.
    • BT3000

Dewalt Black and Decker Homeshop radial arm saw

It's time to let my 1968ish 8" radial arm saw go. Be aware that it's not a full size saw, 10" blades will not fit and 9" may not either.

I'm not looking to make much if any money from it but am more interested in having it go to someone that will use it and understands the inherent dangers of a radial arm saw.

I have several blades, a Sears dado blade guard that may or may not fit, and the manuals plus Mr. Sawdust's book "How to Master The Radial Saw". It's sitting on a sewing machine table, it's pretty stable and at a good height. I have a jig saw attachment that might fit it, it's been sitting in a box for 30+ years. Edit, I can't find the jig saw attachment. Might have given it away years ago for all I know...

I'm in Des Moines, WA and can deliver it within a 50-75 mile radius, it's too big and bulky to ship cheaply.

Michael
    206.653.fifty-two seventy-eight

PS, it looks like I've not posted since 2012! Where has the time gone? I'm still using my BT3000 every couple of weeks, most recently making props for Mary Poppins for the Hi-Liners in Burien.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-15-2018, 03:06 AM.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Welcome back. Do you happen to have a model number or a photo? I have an R1150-A from the same era and it will take up to an 8 1/4 blade. I'd be interested in the jig saw attachment if you're willing to part with it seperately.
    Chr's

Comment

• mmcduffie
      Established Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Des Moines, Washington.
      • BT3000

Hey twistol,

Looks like I may have lied about the jig saw attachment. I just tore the garage apart and see no sign of it. I will edit the original post.

My saw is also a R1150-A, serial number 528583 if anyone knows how to decode it. It was my Dad's, dating back to the early 70's. He didn't use it much but did use it during the remodel of the Bellevue house in '76-'79.

Michael

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I haven't been able to find much information on these, but from what I've found they were sold from 1964-1967 or so. Mine is serial number 509011 and was new in 1965 ... or so my dad recalls.
        Chr's

Comment

Working...