• Show
Clear All
  • spechacek
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2016
    • Northwoods, WI
    • Craftsman 10" Portable

ISO Spare planer parts

Hello, I recently came to aquire an old planer for free. It is a Ryobi AP-10 and literally almost as old as I am. I have been able to find some parts online but not quite a wide variety. I am not looking for any parts in perticular at the moment but would like to have some spares if needed. If anyone has one of these laying around and would like to get rid of some parts please let me know what you have.

Thanks,
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Welcome to the forum!

Is it safe to assume you've already checked for what you need at ereplacementparts.com? Link for AP-10: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ryo...939_32545.html
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• spechacek
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2016
      • Northwoods, WI
      • Craftsman 10" Portable

Yes I have checked all of the replacement parts sites along with Craigslist,eBay and Amazon. Seeing as this machine is almost as old as I am most parts are no longer available or they want some outrageous price for what they have. I'm hoping to possibly find some one that has one of these sitting in the corner covered in dust that they would be happy to get rid of. I know I have high hopes but I guess one will never know if they don't try.

Comment

• Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Does your AP10 work? Mine does. I don't have any spare parts that are surplus. All I have is an extra set of knives. A nice thing to have. Mine works like a champ. That said there are much better bench top planers on the market these days. Thanks to Ryobi for getting this market started....... For a number of years Ryobi was at the leading edge of product development for the small shop major power tool market. Times have sure changed.
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Sears PartsDirect has belts and brushes as well as a few odd bearings and sprockets listed as in stock but most everything else shows a status of "call for availability" which usually means they don't have it and can't get it.
          Chr's

Comment

• spechacek
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2016
            • Northwoods, WI
            • Craftsman 10" Portable

It does work, I have yet to run any boards through it only because I need to get a new set of knives along with the binders and set gauges. I will soon have those and cant wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...