X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kürt
    Handtools only
    • Aug 2012

Parts

Hi. I just got a used bt3000 and am looking for some parts; shims and the blade guard assembly. The only place for shims I found is through Sears. They have the guard too but it's more than I paid for the whole saw.

I found this page http://thecrawfordfamily.net/gallery...t-bt3000-parts

but couldn't find any contact info.
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Originally posted by Kürt
    Hi. I just got a used bt3000 and am looking for some parts; shims and the blade guard assembly. The only place for shims I found is through Sears. They have the guard too but it's more than I paid for the whole saw.

I found this page http://thecrawfordfamily.net/gallery...t-bt3000-parts

but couldn't find any contact info.
    If you can afford it (around $100) invest in a Shark Guard instead of the stock guard. The Shark is easier to use, better built, and has dust collection. PM Stytooner for details.

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

I agree with gs...at retail if i had to replace mine i'd buy the Shark Guard. If you want factory stuff, there's a guy from Leo, IN that has a very good selection listed on ebay:

But, CALL him before you hit buy it now. Pricing is better over the phone. Usually much better. And...he's an encyclopedia.

earl

Comment

• aiyou
        SawdustZone Patron
        • Mar 2006
        • Charlotte, NC
        • BT3100

Used parts

I've just picked up a BT3000 for parts, and have a blade guard /splitter assembly.

Let me know if you are interested in a used assembly.

Rob

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Another plug for the Shark Guard.... The OEM guard leaves a LOT to be desired...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jdon
            Established Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Snoqualmie, Wash.
            • BT3100

The standard alternatives to Sears for BT3K parts are Ereplacementparts.com and M&D Mower.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

m&d MOWER GETS THE NOD A LOT.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Kürt
                Handtools only
                • Aug 2012

Thanks everbody for the replies. I contacted the guy I bought the saw from and asked if he had the guard...he had it and I picked it up this morning, lucked out on that one. That Shark guard looks nice, I'll see how I get on with the Ryobi guard and will keep it in mind. Shims are on the way from Sears. Thanks for the tip on M&D Mower, wonder why they didn't turn up when I searced for bt3000 parts.

This is my first table saw. Looking forward to getting it together and learning how to use it. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...