• Show
Clear All
  • TiminIndy
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2011
    • Indianapolis, IN
    • Ryobi BT3000

Used BT3000: Worth Buying Parts For?

Hi folks - new member here, just picked up a used BT3000. Not sure if this is the right section for this, but here goes...

I've wanted a table saw for a while to help with all of the projects I do, but haven't been able to afford one. I bought this one used, but it is missing several parts. After seeing what these parts sell for new online, I could buy a better used saw or a cheaper new one for that cost.

I am missing:

sliding miter table and assembly
    rip fence
    blade guard assembly
    *long table extension (would want this too for 4 x 8 sheets)

Unless I can find discounted used parts, I don't think it will be worth it. It looks like parts for the Sears 22811 and the Ridgid 22217 will work too - is this correct?

Other than the missing parts, it is in good shape, main table and router table are clean and flat, rails look fine, shroud around blade is fine, motor sounds good when I turn it on, etc...
    Last edited by TiminIndy; 01-15-2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling on thread title
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

one thing to look for on the BT3000 is the shims on the blade elevation block, a frequent source of trouble esp. if the saw is not kept lubricated.

I suggest a look at my faq (see sig line below) for info on caring for and parts for BT3s.

Oh, and the Ridgid you mention is not a BT3 family saw but the sears 21829 is as well as the 22811 and the Ryobi BT3100. Sliding table, rip fence, blade guard, extension rails (same as main rails) can all be interchanged funtionally.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gnal41
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2009
      • central Indiana
      • bt3000

Used BT3000: Worht Buying Parts For?

Hello TiminIndy

I recently purchased a spare BT3000 for the motor and do have some extra parts.

- Sliding miter table
      - Sliding miter table fence
      - Complete blade guard

All items are used and I believe to be average or better condition. I will be home this evening and will forward you pictures of the above items this evening.

I live just north of Indianapolis in Noblesville - bill

Comment

• TiminIndy
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2011
        • Indianapolis, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
        one thing to look for on the BT3000 is the shims on the blade elevation block, a frequent source of trouble esp. if the saw is not kept lubricated.

I had read about the shim issue and will look into how to find/check the shims. I'll send you my email for the FAQ - thanks!

Originally posted by gnal41
        Hello TiminIndy

I recently purchased a spare BT3000 for the motor and do have some extra parts.

- Sliding miter table
        - Sliding miter table fence
        - Complete blade guard

All items are used and I believe to be average or better condition. I will be home this evening and will forward you pictures of the above items this evening.

I live just north of Indianapolis in Noblesville - bill
        Wow! Not only did I get a quick reply from someone with parts I need, but from someone who is only 20 minutes away!! I'm near 71st & Keystone.

I was actually wondering if I could buy the dual miter slots and another stationary table for the left side instead of the sliding table, but maybe I'll go with the original configuration first and get the slots later:

I take it you don't have a rip fence?

Now that I have additional model #'s to search with, maybe I can find a fence cheaper than the $70 one on ebay.

Comment

• gnal41
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2009
          • central Indiana
          • bt3000

Used BT3000: Worth Buying Parts For?

Hello Tim

I must apologize, I stated that I also had the sliding miter table fence and I no longer have it. I had forgotten the fellow who wanted the base also wanted the miter fence – I guess another senior moment on my part. I am sure you have checked e-bay and the miter fence listing come and go in the $14.00 - $30.00 range.

I do have the sliding miter table and blade guard. The blade guard appears to have had little use and the sliding miter table looks/works the same as the one on my saw now. These parts are from a saw I purchased last summer to have a backup motor for my BT3000.

I am asking $15.00 for the blade guard assembly and $30.00 for the sliding miter table or both for $40.00. I honestly believe it would be difficult to find the items at a more reasonable price. I am not a regular buyer or seller – I am just trying to sell unwanted BT3000 items.

... will send you an PM - thanks, bill
          Attached Files

Comment

• TiminIndy
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2011
            • Indianapolis, IN
            • Ryobi BT3000

Sounds good - I'll take them. I'll call you later to work out a time & place.

Will I need anything else to fasten the blade guard? Do you use your blade guard? I've worked with a friend on his Bosch table and he doesn't use it - says it gets in the way.

Got any extra rails you want to sell?

Now I just need to find a rip fence...

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

YES, YOU NEED THE BLADE GUARD!

One of the first things I learned about power tools was that one needs to look around and if necessary read in an effort to learn good and safe practices. Friends and relatives are not always the best examples to learn from. I find it amazing, when people adapt to unsafe practices and then enforce such issues by passing them on to "friends".

There are certain cuts that can't be performed with a blade guard in place, but those will be obvious when it comes time to perform those. For everything else, that blade guard (and a good push stick) are absolutely essential to keeping all your fingers!

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• danielboone
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2011

Did you sell all of your parts?

Comment

• conwaygolfer
                  Established Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Conway, SC.
                  • BT3000

I had my blade guard off for 6 months. 15 stitches and $1600.00 later, after losing part of my thumb I replaced it with a Shark Guard. DO NOT remove the guard. My thumb is always numb now as all the nerves got cut in the accident.
                  In reality, it wasn't an accident - it was stupidity!

Just my 2 cents (and part of my thumb) worth.

Conwaygolfer

Comment

• gnal41
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • central Indiana
                    • bt3000

Originally posted by danielboone
                    Did you sell all of your parts?
                    danielboone - Tim in Indy bought the above parts - thanks for your interest!

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

OP,

You will need a wide table kit, the links that connect the sets of rails together to make the wide table, go to Ebay and look for a seller there "komatoast". His link kit is sort of spendy, but WELL worth it. You can also make one out of aluminum L extrusion, and some short bolts and T nuts. (look for the vendor here Tnuts.com for extra T nuts and such...)

I have the wide table legs from the 22811, but I initially had a set of wooden legs from scrap. They worked well enough for me for a long time... The stamped metal ones are just prettier that's all...
                      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• TiminIndy
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2011
                        • Indianapolis, IN
                        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by gnal41
                        danielboone - Tim in Indy bought the above parts - thanks for your interest!
                        Yep. Thanks, Bill!

I got the SMT and blade guard from Bill and I got a rip fence and miter clamp kit on ebay. Now, the most important thing I need right now is the miter fence for the SMT.

I might want to get the long table kit eventually, but I've spent enough money that wasn't in the budget for this month.

Comment

Working...