• Show
Clear All
  • mineengineer
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    • BT3000 and BT3100 Frankensaw

Parts Ryobi Alright

I didn't recognize the part but I have 5 of the router mounting kits still in the box in my basement. When I get home I will see if it came in the craftsman kits. They are using the pin in conjunction with a jigsaw though. Not for sure if Ryobi meant to use the pin with the table saw blade?????????
    Link

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

well, darn you learn something every day.
      Interestingly, the pin is intended for use with a jigsaw mounted in the router mounting kit.
      Not sure but i think the later router mounting kits did not support the jigsaw - they might not have continued the bushing after they removed the slots in the mounting plate.

The jig saw is better suited for this than the table saw, because the blade is vertical and will track a curve whereas the table saw blade can't track a curved cut - the outside has to be pretty much cut completely off. I've only tried a similar op on the tablesaw when the cutoff portion was very small, for that reason.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

I've got the accessory kit that came with the router mounting kit, bag, casters, DSMT etc. I don't recall there being a circle adapter in there. I wonder if it was offered only in conjunction with the jigsaw mounting kit?
        Erik

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

The early kit, which is the one I purchased was for combined router and jig saw mounting. Two seperate mounting plates and a bunch of other goodies. I paid either $89 or $99 and had to order it special at the time. It was not a good value but hind sight is 20/20 and it was the only way to get the Ryobi router mounting plate at the time. Back then Ryobi also had stellar customer service and would gladly send out a plate to fit routers other than Ryobi and they even sent me several, none of which fit the exact router that I had at the time. They also were quick to send parts for saws still under warrenty. Funny how in the 8 + years that my saw has been past the warrenty period I've only had to replace a couple of small parts.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Sid
            Established Member
            • Apr 2004
            • Bloomington, IL, USA.
            • Craftsman 22124

Jigsaw or router

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            Interestingly, the pin is intended for use with a jigsaw mounted in the router mounting kit.
            The figures on page 11 illustrate the pin's usage with a jigsaw, but text item 2 on that page indicates it can be used with a router as well:

"2. Adjust accessory table so that [jig] saw blade or router bit are aligned with pilot hole in workpiece."

Sid

Comment

• BCinPhx
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2010

Mineengineer....If you've got one or 2 you want to part with...let me know. The earlier part of the post has a 'similar' picture of the part. Thanks guys for continuing the discussion.
              Bill

Comment

Working...