Ace Hardware 6" bench grinder free to good home. P.U. only...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Ace Hardware 6" bench grinder free to good home. P.U. only...

I am going to post this on Houston Craigslist too... Now that I have the Ryobi, I don't need the old Ace Hardware grinder. Houston area folks, or folks that have friends in H-town that can use this, let me know and I will give this to whoever picks it up first!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • codaman33
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2004
    • Houston, TX, USA.

i appreciate the offer, but...

I have the WS3000 sharping system. It is working for now. I might look at a straight bench grinder in the future, but I will probably want a variable speed. Good luck finding a good home for it though.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks...

Yeah, the motor on this old Ace is as stout as a tank. I hate to just toss it out. If the tool rests were better laid out, I would have simply tried to see if a router VS control would have worked with it... If a guy is any good at fabbing up metal pieces, maybe he could build some kick butt tool rests for it. Like I said, VERY strong motor in it...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
        Thanks...

Yeah, the motor on this old Ace is as stout as a tank. I hate to just toss it out. If the tool rests were better laid out, I would have simply tried to see if a router VS control would have worked with it... If a guy is any good at fabbing up metal pieces, maybe he could build some kick butt tool rests for it. Like I said, VERY strong motor in it...
        bench grinders almost always have induction motors and you should not use a router speed control with them.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• docrowan
          • Mar 2007
          • New Albany, MS
          • BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
          I am going to post this on Houston Craigslist too... Now that I have the Ryobi, I don't need the old Ace Hardware grinder. Houston area folks, or folks that have friends in H-town that can use this, let me know and I will give this to whoever picks it up first!
          DB,

I've been eyeing the 6 inch Ryobi router at Home Depot. How do you like yours?
          - Chris.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

So far so good. Not as powerful as my old Ace Hardware, but not enough to be a problem... I CAN stop the Ryobi, the old Ace would pull whatever was in your hand out and throw it across the shop whether or not the wheel guard was in the way...

I have a review in the tool reviews section...

The tool rests and lights are well worth switching. I look at it this way, the old Ace HW grinder is good for rough material removal, the Ryobi, is MUCH better at finesse... It favors comparably to the Delta, and only lacks the variable speed... And is a MESS cheaper! I got mine on a black Friday special for $19.97.

Comment

• Davej
              Handtools only
              • May 2012

Ace 6" bench grinder

Is this Grinder Still Available?

Comment

• Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

Thread 3 1/2 years old I doubt it is still available. However I'm sure you will get a definitive answer shortly.
                Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

That grinder is LONG gone. It actually sold on Houston Craigslist back in early 2009... Heck the Ryobi I bought was even sold in favor of an 8" model that I am happy with...

Comment

Working...