• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Last weekend's sawdust production

I took Friday off to get some work done on the kitchen, ended up making 19 drawers, 4 garbage bags full of sawdust planing 3/4 poplar to 15mm, and a buket full of mistakes Got everything installed on Sunday and Monday.

Drawers ready for finishing
    These are ready for the finishing room (the other garage)

Drawers needing sanding
    These aren't quite done, still need to be sanded prior to finishin and you can see a couple of bags of sawdust in the background

Drawer mistakes and tests
    I wouldn't be me if I didn't screw up a few pieces along the way.

Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

My last weekend was spent teaching a couple boys how to use tools and make their first wood projects. The younger/shorter one wanted a step stool to use around the house, the older one wanted a lock box to keep stuff away from the younger one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190629_103656.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	836972

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190629_105541.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	836973

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

planing 3/4 poplar to 15mm
      One thing I miss about being in Japan - finding thin boards. It was easy to find different sizes over there. I have several 8mm thick boards and one in particular that I use as a lap board for my laptop. Sometimes, I had to look around for specific thicknesses, but finding thin, medium and thick boards was fairly easy as compared to here in the big box stores.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Well done. Is that your dovetail jig in the background in the 2nd pic? What brand is it.

Like how organized your shop is. My is a pigsty at the moment. Making some shop cabinets this weekend. Including festool drawers. How do you like the AZ drawers? I was debating on them or making my own. My cheapness won out.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by jussi
          Well done. Is that your dovetail jig in the background in the 2nd pic? What brand is it.

Like how organized your shop is. My is a pigsty at the moment. Making some shop cabinets this weekend. Including festool drawers. How do you like the AZ drawers? I was debating on them or making my own. My cheapness won out.
          I have the Sommerfeld's original dovetail jig. It has been through a couple of revisions since I bought almost fifteen years ago. They made it easier to use, but less flexible. I'll admit I use it infrequently enough that I need to relearn how to use it every time. The Sys-AZ drawers made a good compromise between my cheapness and the cost of a sys-port. They work really well, but I found if I put them too close together, and forget to close the systainer, it knocks the latch of when the latch hits the drawer above it.
          Chr's

Comment

Working...