Carpenter bees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capncarl View Post
    There is something about the angle the hood has to be drilled in the trap that makes them work, otherwise the bee can crawl back out.
    In the detailed explanation in the article, it said that at the top of the angle, there was less light coming in from the smaller entrance shaft than coming up straight from the bottom in the larger hole; upon getting ready to exit, they take the larger hole with the most light and end up in the jar.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

forty five degrees angled up.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

I use a Raquet ball racket to swat them into the next county! In early spring they start buzzing around and will hover near you, I guess trying to scare you away. It doesnít go ell with them. I believe the carpenter bees at my house learn to stay away from me because shortly after I start swatting them they stay away from people, but we can walk over to the neighbors house and the bees will get in your face. I donít carry my racket there because their daughter flips out when someone kills a living thing.
        My bug a salt gun is not very effective on killing carpenter bees. Thy move too fast and stay just out of its range.

Comment

I've had my trap up for a couple of years or so. I recommend that if you're doing this, place the trap early in the year. I trapped a bunch of carpenter bees in April / May, and only a couple since then. Good luck.
          Bill

Comment

Any idea why/how tjoosk posted one of my 2018 posts as his? I donít care if someone quotes me, just thought it a bit strange
            Last edited by capncarl; 08-19-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• twistsol
              twistsol commented
              Editing a comment
              Why I can't answer, but how is a simple copy and paste. Every one of his/her posts has been a copy and paste of a previous post in a thread.

Probably a spammer legitimizing an account to later post spam.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              LCHIEN commented
              Editing a comment
              Moderators have taken notice.
          Working...
          X