• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

OK I see now. Thanks LCHIEN. so the quick connect part is the end that you jam into the tool port. Hmmm. Heck I do that with my 4" x 2/1/2" adapter then. Doesn't seem too quick connect to me except if you get the screw type one then maybe screwing the one end might be a little quicker then using a clamp. I've just got to figure a way to make changing the DC to a different machine faster.
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by lcm1947

OK I see now. Thanks LCHIEN. so the quick connect part is the end that you jam into the tool port. Hmmm. Heck I do that with my 4" x 2/1/2" adapter then. Doesn't seem too quick connect to me except if you get the screw type one then maybe screwing the one end might be a little quicker then using a clamp. I've just got to figure a way to make changing the DC to a different machine faster.
      its very quick.
      The hose is permanently attached to the quick connect.
      It takes 1/2 second to connect the quick connect to
      a 4" tool port or the port on the DC.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back
        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

quote:Originally posted by lcm1947

I've just got to figure a way to make changing the DC to a different machine faster.
        As Loring says, the idea is that you set things up so that you never remove the hose itself from a fitting. The hose attaches permanently to one fitting, either with a clamp or by screwing the fitting into the end of the hose. The other side of this same fitting is designed to slip over or into a matching fitting, or in some cases directly to the dust port on the tool.
        Larry

Comment

• Tom Miller
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Twin Cities, MN
          • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

I've found that the 4" S&D PVC works great as a quick connect -- it's a snug fit over all the 4" ports on my tools, plus it fits snugly into the PVC fittings.

A 6" piece of PVC pipe makes a pretty inexpensive quick connect, considering a 10' piece of pipe is a few bucks.

I make quick connect hoses by putting a 6" piece of this pipe into each end of the hose. Then, the hose can connect to either a dust port or another PVC fitting.

Regards,
          Tom

Comment

• lcm1947
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Austin, Texas
            • BT 3100-1

Oh I see. Well thanks for the explanations. You guys are tops.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Here's a picture. Note I must have had the belts and suspenders
              mode - I put a clamp on the threaded part.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Austin, Texas
                • BT 3100-1

Well, I guess I didn't see after all. Thanks LCHIEN. Like they say " a picture is worth a thousand words". That is soooo true. So yes I do need two of those. That will solve much of my problem. Oh and I don't think you were in the belts and suspender mode LCHIEN I remember the description at the Rockler site saying that the screw type one would only screw into the black hose not the white hose. Don't ask me I'm just repeating what I read. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...