Originally posted by Dustmight
    .... TS2400/TS2410 ?

Yeah, that is it - here is a link:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...key=THDSiteMap

Comment

• axa
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2007

If it helps, I can't wait until the motor blows on my little used, BT3100.
      If your serious about tools at all, you realize the BT is a decent tool that while I couldn't passed over at $160 on clearance at the BORG, its an intermediate step at best.

But even at that price, all the the customizations and improvements, I still wish I had bought a better TS off the bat.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Well, to be blunt, unless I win the lotto sometime soon, I am pretty set on the BT3100 / 21829 for maximum bang for the buck as far as saw for the dollar goes, as well as utilization of prime garage floor real estate. That garage / shop floor real estate is pretty vital. I am working my tail off to figure out how to maximize storage, and function with my setup. I eventually want to be able to at least pull the wife's car into the garage...

Now having said that, if I had nothing but $$, time, and a pipe dream sized workshop building...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pbui3057
          Established Member
          • Jul 2008
          • Mather, CA
          • BT3000

How does the BT3100/21829 compare to the Ridgid ts2410ls and Bosch 4100-09? The Bosch is more expensive but the Ridgid is the same price if not cheaper with lowes 10% off coupons.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by pbui3057
            How does the BT3100/21829 compare to the Ridgid ts2410ls and Bosch 4100-09? The Bosch is more expensive but the Ridgid is the same price if not cheaper with lowes 10% off coupons.
            Different designs with different strengths. The BT is belt drive (smoother), has an SMT, and a real riving knife, but isn't all the tolerant of being moved from location to location. The other two are direct drive and are made to be very portable. The Bosch has a riving knife, the TS2410 does not AFAIK.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• dkerfoot
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2004
              • Holland, Michigan
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Dustmight
              The BT is belt drive (smoother), has an SMT, and a real riving knife, but isn't all the tolerant of being moved from location to location.
              Of course, the 21829 is made to be moved and folded away when not in use. Not an ideal saw for hauling around in a pickup day in and out, but very mobile around the house...
              Doug Kerfoot
              "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
              "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
              KeyLlama.com

Comment

Working...