Sent you a PM.
    Tony

Comment

• jhart
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

Gychang, seems we got off the subject you asked about. I also have an Arrow electric nailer/stapler and have not ever found it to be satisfactory in anything I've tried to use it for. Just doesn't have enough power to sink the nails/staples.
      That's the reason I looked for alternatives. Good luck in trying to find something electric. If you do, please let us know.
      Joe
      "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I'll reiterate what I said before - there are no good electric drive brad nailers. All underpowered, marginal.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Crash2510
          • Feb 2006
          • North Central Ohio

you could buy a regular air powered brad nailer such as the hf and get one of these at lowes for $90 and essentially make a paslode
          http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...esc&lpage=none
          http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...esc&lpage=none

cheaper than the alternatives and says it will drive 1000's of brad nails on a single charge
          Phil In Ohio
          The basement woodworker

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

re: Kobalt CO2 pack: each "charge" is $24 to 35 bucks and releases CO2 into our atmosphere. (Why don't they use nitrogen?).
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• Crash2510
              • Feb 2006
              • North Central Ohio

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              re: Kobalt CO2 pack: each "charge" is $24 to 35 bucks and releases CO2 into our atmosphere. (Why don't they use nitrogen?).
              not sure but since this is basically a paintball setup I don't think the conversion to nitrogen would be that hard
              Phil In Ohio
              The basement woodworker

Comment

• Crash2510
                • Feb 2006
                • North Central Ohio

24 to 35 dollars per charge is quite expensive, but for limited use it may not be to bad

I expect that these bottles can be refilled much cheaper at a paintball station though

I will find out when they go down in price a little more and will let you guys know
                Phil In Ohio
                The basement woodworker

Comment

• jonmulzer
                  • Dec 2007
                  • Indianapolis, IN

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                  Where do you think they got the CO2? From the atmosphere. BOC does not smash their own atoms.

I knew a guy (friend's father-in-law) who had one of the Black and Decker brad nailers and claimed it worked well. I never used it, nor saw it in action so caveat emptor, but he liked it. No gas cartridges, just a battery pack. Don't take this as a recommendation, but you could always buy one and return it if it sucks. Up to you.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...Path=1496.1512
                  Last edited by jonmulzer; 01-09-2008, 11:50 PM.
                  "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

There's not enough CO2 concentration (much, much less than .1&#37 floating around to be economically worthwhile to compress and package it. I'm sure its an industrial byproduct or, they produce itas follows:

Wikipedia: Carbon dioxide is manufactured mainly from six processes:[7]
                    1. As a byproduct in ammonia and hydrogen plants, where methane is converted to CO2;
                    2. From combustion of wood and fossil fuels;
                    3. As a byproduct of fermentation of sugar in the brewing of beer, whisky and other alcoholic beverages;
                    4. From thermal decomposition of limestone, CaCO3, in the manufacture of lime, CaO;
                    5. As a byproduct of sodium phosphate manufacture;
                    6. Directly from natural carbon dioxide springs, where it is produced by the action of acidified water on limestone or dolomite.
                    Nitrogen is readily available in the atmosphere (78%), while it is finding some use in pressureized applications such as paintball guns, the fact that it liquefies at higher pressures than CO2 means that less can be kept in a container of the same size and the container has to be stronger to withstand the higher pressures. So C02 has slightly better characteristics for stored pressure apps like nail gun and paintball pressure reservoirs.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• jhart
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2004
                      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                      • BT3100

The 10 oz container that comes with the unit is shipped empty. Costs $2-3.00 for a fill. Had my initial fill done at Dick's Sporting goods for $2.99.
                      New containers (extra's) will run in the $24+ range, although someone is selling a 9 oz on Ebay for $14.95 + shipping. I've been debating about buying an extra one.

I suspect that Gychang would prefer not to spend $100 + if he can find an electric for a lot less expense.
                      Joe
                      "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• lakkdainen
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2007
                        • Cincinnati, OH
                        • Craftsman 21829

I'll ask... why does it have to be electric? Cost? Size?

I agree with others here who say the electric ones are junk. I'd go with a small, cheap air one. My wife got me a small Husky compressor with the nailer for $60 for Christmas. Cheap and perfect for what I needed. Would that be an option?

Comment

• gychang
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • Sacramento, California
                          • none

Originally posted by lakkdainen
                          My wife got me a small Husky compressor with the nailer for $60 for Christmas. Cheap and perfect for what I needed. Would that be an option?
                          where can I get this?

gychang

Comment

• jonmulzer
                            • Dec 2007
                            • Indianapolis, IN

What is your budget and just exactly what do you need? Have you looked over craigslist and the local classifieds and trader papers? There are good deals to be had on nailers and compressors out there, you just have to be dilligent in looking. I thought you were specifically looking for an electric option for some reason.

Get a compressor. Life is so much easier and you have so many more options once you get one. Used pancake compressors are cheap and plentiful, especially right now. Lots of contractors going under. Check around.

Irvine is in Orange County right?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/534264430.html
                            http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/531957031.html
                            http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/534599167.html
                            "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• gychang
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • Sacramento, California
                              • none

thanks, not quite sure if this will be too much for weekend warrior, appreciate your efforts.

gychang

Comment

• lakkdainen
                                Forum Newbie
                                • Mar 2007
                                • Cincinnati, OH
                                • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by gychang
                                where can I get this?
                                gychang
                                I just looked around quite a bit on the web, and can't find much on it. Apparently it was a black friday deal, and not listed on HD's web site.

It's a Husky brand, 2 gallon, model #HHD2NK compressor. It came with a brad nailer and a couple thingees to connect to car tires, etc. The SKU number of the package at Home Depot (found via google) is 948-682.

Hopefully that helps.

Comment

Working...