• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cain
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Little Rock, Arkansas.

T-Track

Can you get t-track at the local box stores or must it be ordered from Rockler and the like?
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I have never looked in the big stores for T-track, I have always watched for a sale from Rockler and ordered it there. Another "ARKIE". Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ace, lowes and HD do not carry that I've ever seen.
      Rockler is not real cheap and makes that standout blue T-track but they do have a bargain in their kit with knobs and their t-bolts BUT I think IIRC it does not accept 1/4-20 hex head bolts as many T-track do (which to me is a serious drawback). Not all T-trak is alike!
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Ripsaw
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Calgary, Canada.

Lee Valley carries it if you have a local store.

First check any well stocked privately owned tool outfitter.

Shopping local can yield a deal where everyone wins.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

The kit from Rockler that Loring mentions is a great deal, especially when it goes on one of its frequent sales.
          For better everyday prices I like Hartville Tool. They also have a wider selection of t-track. Their Utili-Tape Trak is particularly useful.

Comment

• just4funsies
            • Dec 2005
            • Florida.
            • BT3000

Woodcraft also carries several types of T-track.
            ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• gimpy
              Established Member
              • Nov 2004
              • Flagstaff, AZ.
              • BT3100

My local H.D. assistant/helper, did not even know what t-track was, much less carry it.

Frank
              Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

• Boomer_01
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2006

I just finished a mortising sled and used the Incra T-Track from Woodcraft. It worked great, uses 1/4" hex head bolts, and fits perfectly in a 3/4" dado.

The price wasnt too bad either. Take a look:

http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3911

Boomer

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

is anyone besides me irritated that Rockler t-track takes a special T-bolt and will not work with 1/4-20 hex head bolts?

it's not that they are non-standard (5/16"-18 thread) but they're not easy to find and they're around $1 each (.99 for 1-1/2" long at Rockler). A 1-1/2" long 1/4-20 hex head costs maybe $.15 at Lowes and I have a drawerful of sizes from 1" to 4" in stock at home.

<----Rockler's T-bolt

I've come to prefer the track like the INCRA mentioned at Woodcraft.
                  You need to look at the Inside dimensions carefully as well as the outside dimensions
                  which makes it a pain to buy T-track (unless they mention specifically it takes 1/4" bolts which have 7/16" wide heads.)
                  Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-18-2006, 11:12 AM.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                    is anyone besides me irritated that Rockler t-track takes a special T-bolt and will not work with 1/4-20 hex head bolts?
                    It has not affected me since I have only bought the t-track as a kit which included all those (apparently proprietary) knobs. Each of those kits come with 8 knobs and bolts and that is by far all I need per 4' section. I have never paid the current $21.99 asking price either, more like $12 on sale which is the price point which I recommend purchasing.

Comment

• LarryG
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2004
                      • Off The Back
                      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                      Apparently not.

Seriously, accepting a 1/4-20 hex bolt IS a nice feature, but for me it's not a deal-breaker.

I get my T-track and miter slots from Lee Valley. I prefer the clear anodized finish to Rockler's blue; it comes undrilled; it has a little V-groove at bottom center, so the holes you drill yourself will be nicely aligned. Prices aren't the lowst but they're not bad ... besides, who isn't always looking for an excuse to place yet another order with Lee Valley?
                      Larry

Comment

Working...